ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR not PR+family member of EEA, Schengen Visa and Children

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukbaby
Newly Registered

ILR not PR+family member of EEA, Schengen Visa and Children

Post by ukbaby » Thu May 14, 2015 4:27 pm

Hi, I got ILR based on 10 yrs in UK not EEA4 5 YRS PR.
I was student+PSW+EEA2.
My question: do I need to apply to Schengen Visa when travel with my EEA partner while I got ILR?
Before I have EEA2, I do not need. Not sure if EEA4 PR need or not.
And what kind passport or Visa shall I get for my babies. It seems we have 3 options: British passport or My country passport (non EEA) + PR or her father EEA passport+ EEA2 or EEA PR? Which way is better?
Could someone help? tHANKS

Khan1980

Re: ILR not PR+family member of EEA, Schengen Visa and Child

Post by Khan1980 » Thu May 14, 2015 6:24 pm

ukbaby wrote:Hi, I got ILR based on 10 yrs in UK not EEA4 5 YRS PR.
I was student+PSW+EEA2.
My question: do I need to apply to Schengen Visa when travel with my EEA partner while I got ILR?
Before I have EEA2, I do not need. Not sure if EEA4 PR need or not.
And what kind passport or Visa shall I get for my babies. It seems we have 3 options: British passport or My country passport (non EEA) + PR or her father EEA passport+ EEA2 or EEA PR? Which way is better?
Could someone help? tHANKS
Hi ukbaby ...

Congrats on ur ILR , didn't they cancel ur EEA2 Residence Card after issuing you ILR(Long Residence)??? I do remember HO did ask you evidence of ur partner couple of weeks back if I am not wrong , would you mind to share what documents exactly you have sent plz.

Regards
Khan