ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Knowledge of the English language (KoL) for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ajadu
Newly Registered

Knowledge of the English language (KoL) for ILR

Post by ajadu » Thu May 14, 2015 12:28 pm

Hello friends,

We have heard very good comments about this Forum and need your best guidance for below query.

I am currently on Tier 2 (General) visa and my wife is on PBS Dependant visa.
We are going to apply for our Indefinite leave to remain (ILR) in the UK in the near future.

Both of us have Bachelor of Commerce degree (from University of Mumbai, India) certificates as well as a letter from the University showing medium of instruction was in English.

I had shown my B. Com. degree whilst applying for my Tier 2 visa in 2010 and in 2013 (extension). I claimed 10 points for this under English language - qualifications criteria.
As you may know, there was no need to show my wife's certificate as she was applying as my dependant.

We want to find out if we can just take a print out of the Points-based calculator from Home Office website, will this be sufficient to meet the English language requirement for ILR application?
OR
Is it is required to get our B. Com. degree confirmed/approved by UK NARIC that it is equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in the UK?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards

rukmesh
United Kingdom

Re: Knowledge of the English language (KoL) for ILR

Post by rukmesh » Thu May 14, 2015 12:32 pm

It is sufficient. Good luck

ajadu
Newly Registered

Post by ajadu » Thu May 14, 2015 9:43 pm

Hello Rukmesh,

Thks a lot for your prompt reply.

Did you mean it is sufficient to only show a print out of the Points-based calculator from Home Office website in order to meet the English language requirement for ILR application?
I had shown the same print out for previous Tier 2 (General) visa application.

This is the link we are using - https://www.points.homeoffice.gov.uk/gui-migrant-jsf/SelfAssessment/SelfAssessment.faces#footer

Thks again?

ajadu
Newly Registered

Post by ajadu » Fri May 15, 2015 11:11 pm

Hello,

Please could someone reply to above query.

Thanks