ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Calling mother in law who left in Nov 2014

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Calling mother in law who left in Nov 2014

Post by huqqapani » Thu May 14, 2015 2:59 pm

my mother in law visited my sister in law last year and left in end of November 2014. She has a 2 year visa. When is the earliest she can return on that. Apparently you have to wait for at least 6 months in between visits even if you have a valid visa?
Can someone please respond

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Calling mother in law who left in Nov 2014

Post by CR001 » Fri May 15, 2015 9:53 am

It would depend on how long she visit and stayed in the UK on her last visit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Fri May 15, 2015 10:22 am

CR001 wrote:It would depend on how long she visit and stayed in the UK on her last visit.
6 months

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 15, 2015 10:35 am

She should not bee seen to be 'living' in the UK more than in her home country, if that makes sense. She can still be refused entry if they suspect this is the case.

It appears to be roughly 6 months since she left though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Fri May 15, 2015 10:44 am

Yes It will be six months, her daughter is going to have an operation soon as such she want her mother her asap. So technically speaking if she comes arrives on 1st June 2015 then there should not be any issue. Or are you saying that she can still be refused entry even after 6 months would have elapsed?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri May 15, 2015 4:00 pm

huqqapani wrote:Yes It will be six months, her daughter is going to have an operation soon as such she want her mother her asap. So technically speaking if she comes arrives on 1st June 2015 then there should not be any issue. Or are you saying that she can still be refused entry even after 6 months would have elapsed?
You can be refused entry if the IO doubts you are a genuine visitor irrespective of how long and frequent the visits are - the six in twelve is just rule of thumb.

So it depends on IO mood, time of the month, luck and how suspicious you look!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Mon May 18, 2015 7:40 pm

Wanderer wrote:
huqqapani wrote:Yes It will be six months, her daughter is going to have an operation soon as such she want her mother her asap. So technically speaking if she comes arrives on 1st June 2015 then there should not be any issue. Or are you saying that she can still be refused entry even after 6 months would have elapsed?
You can be refused entry if the IO doubts you are a genuine visitor irrespective of how long and frequent the visits are - the six in twelve is just rule of thumb.

So it depends on IO mood, time of the month, luck and how suspicious you look!
Can IO's decision to refuse entry be appealed? She has respected the durations of her visits previously and never stayed for more than 6 months. I read the immigration rules guidance and it appears you need more reason to refuse the entry really. As said above, the guidance only states 'pattern of visits' not duration of each visit.
What can she do to convince the IO if it came to that? Can the sponsor be contacted(her daughter) by IO to get information or will he/she refuse without giving the opportunity.

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Frequent and successive visits and "de facto residence&

Post by huqqapani » Tue May 19, 2015 4:44 pm

If the eco refuses entry can it be appealed? Or the person os put on return flight straight back?