ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and PBS Dependent on same date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KhanzadaKhan
Pakistan

ILR and PBS Dependent on same date

Post by KhanzadaKhan » Fri May 15, 2015 11:28 am

This question is for my friend. He is applying for ILR on Tier 1 general route, visa expiring on 15 August and applying premier service end of July 2015. His wife came to UK last year and PBS Dependent visa expiring same date (15 August).
Now wife has to apply for PBS Dependent Visa. Should they apply on same day services Friend for ILR and his wife for PBS Dependent or wait till he gets ILR and apply for her by post.

This will save time as both visa will be given on same date on same £400 premier service.

Please help. Thanks

jnikki4u

Re: ILR and PBS Dependent on same date

Post by jnikki4u » Fri May 15, 2015 11:40 am

Hi,

I am in Same situation but we are applying in June . Same day with ILR Applicant first and then with a gap of 3 hrs for Dependant.

But please be aware its not 400 for both. 400 for each. so 800 in total and NHS Surcharge of 600 for PBS.

This is what my understanding ..

Any seniors can comment.

I will let you know how it goes.

Cheers
Nikki

rukmesh
United Kingdom

Post by rukmesh » Fri May 15, 2015 11:54 am

@nikki,
When in June are you applying. ? I am also applying in the last week of June @croydon

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 15, 2015 1:53 pm

KhanzadaKhan wrote:This question is for my friend. He is applying for ILR on Tier 1 general route, visa expiring on 15 August and applying premier service end of July 2015. His wife came to UK last year and PBS Dependent visa expiring same date (15 August).
Now wife has to apply for PBS Dependent Visa. Should they apply on same day services Friend for ILR and his wife for PBS Dependent or wait till he gets ILR and apply for her by post.

This will save time as both visa will be given on same date on same £400 premier service.

Please help. Thanks
They can apply on the same day, ILR first appointment and PBS Dep second appoint a couple of hours later. They are applying in two different categories and he cannot make a 1 main + 1 dep appointment as his wife is not applying for ILR.

So book 2 appointments : 1 x ILR Set(O) and 1 x PBS Dependent

He will have to pay £400 each to book premium service and PBS Dependent will have to pay the NHS Surcharge.

Alternatively, he can apply ILR in person and submit PBS Dep via postal after ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.