ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

happyguy82

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by happyguy82 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:30 pm

rather disconcertingly... DX might have lost my passport. I'll update you guys in 24 hours from now.

shoaiburehman
Newly Registered

Post by shoaiburehman » Fri May 15, 2015 11:27 am

Passport for: 1 X Adult
Application Type: New (Naturalized Citizen )
Method of application: PostOffice (Check & Send)
Date of application: 6th May 2015
Date application received by IPS: 7th May 2015
Date of return of documents: 14th May 2015
Date of Passport Appointment: 14th May 2015
Date of passport printed: Waiting
Date of Passport Receipt: Waiting

cmpic

Post by cmpic » Fri May 15, 2015 1:22 pm

cmpic wrote:Application Timeline
Application Type: New (Naturalised Citizen)
Method of application: Post Office (Check & Send)
Date of application: 7 May 2015
Date of receipt of application at HO: 11 May 2012 (called and checked)
Date of return of documents: …
Date of receipt of interview letter: …
Date of Passport Appointment: …
Date Passport printed: …
Date of Passport Receipt: …
Received a letter stating that they need a confirmation from my employer before they can send my passport/supporting docs to my work address. Would have been helpful to know this ahead of time, i now lost a week. Shocked that Check and Send have no clue about this.

farhad34
Newly Registered

Post by farhad34 » Fri May 15, 2015 2:22 pm

Check and send is Crap and a waste of money.I also applied through check and send but there is nothing that I cant do to pay them for it.I will say best thing is to apply online and then post your docs this way you can track your application online.

My application 8th may check and send postoffice
Havent received any confirmation or letter yet sso calld them today to check they have received my App.
Fingers crossed.

pragneshmpatel

Post by pragneshmpatel » Fri May 15, 2015 4:16 pm

Application Type: New (Naturalized Citizen )
Method of application: PostOffice (Check & Send)
Date of application: 24th April 2015
Date application received by IPS: 27th April 2015
Date of return of documents: 6th May 2015
Date of Passport Appointment: 9th May 2015
Date of passport printed: 12th May 2015
Date of Passport Receipt: 13th May 2015

sircas
Newly Registered

Post by sircas » Fri May 15, 2015 5:09 pm

Hi,

I am gonna apply for my first British passport after naturalisation. However I would like to use Check and Send by the Post Office. I just want to ask will the Post Office take away my Old passport to HMPO or they will check and make note of it and forward the copied one to the Passport Office?

Thanks in advance.

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Fri May 15, 2015 5:13 pm

sircas wrote:Hi,

I am gonna apply for my first British passport after naturalisation. However I would like to use Check and Send by the Post Office. I just want to ask will the Post Office take away my Old passport to HMPO or they will check and make note of it and forward the copied one to the Passport Office?

Thanks in advance.
You still have to send all the originals documents with your application.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Fri May 15, 2015 5:42 pm

cmpic wrote:
Received a letter stating that they need a confirmation from my employer before they can send my passport/supporting docs to my work address. Would have been helpful to know this ahead of time, i now lost a week. Shocked that Check and Send have no clue about this.
What kind of confirmation Passport Office is looking for from ur employer.
I did not think/know that employment is a requirement for passport.
or is it because u want to receive ur passport n docs at ur workplace? please correct me if I am wrong

cmpic

Post by cmpic » Fri May 15, 2015 5:54 pm

waiz89k wrote:
cmpic wrote:
What kind of confirmation Passport Office is looking for from ur employer.
I did not think/know that employment is a requirement for passport.
or is it because u want to receive ur passport n docs at ur workplace? please correct me if I am wrong
Yes, it's because I want the docs delivered to work address, not home address. They want the employer to verify that I work at this address. Not an unreasonable request, just would have been helpful to know beforehand!

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Fri May 15, 2015 11:01 pm

OK got my passport today. The DX Secure driver had scanned it and marked it as delivered on Monday 11/05 but only delivered it later in the week. I think they had Monday as the delivery deadline so they wanted to get around that. I'm guessing they only delivered it on Tuesday 12/05. All of their tracking system said it was delivered on Monday 11/05. Not the most honest courier company, ohh well...

jefstudent

Post by jefstudent » Fri May 15, 2015 11:12 pm

I have got couple of questions.hope someone can answer it.

If i apply for first passport as naturalised, is there anyway i do not have to send my passport as i will be travelling in 1 month time.

For passport interview. Where do you normally have to travel to as i live in sussex.

Is there anyway i can go to passport office in london and apply for the passport on the counter for speedy service.

Thanks

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Sat May 16, 2015 1:46 pm

jefstudent wrote:I have got couple of questions.hope someone can answer it.

If i apply for first passport as naturalised, is there anyway i do not have to send my passport as i will be travelling in 1 month time.

For passport interview. Where do you normally have to travel to as i live in sussex.

Is there anyway i can go to passport office in london and apply for the passport on the counter for speedy service.

Thanks
No you'll need to send your uncancelled passports to them, apply once you're back from your travels.

You can take the interview at any passport office in the country.

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Sat May 16, 2015 1:48 pm

Passport for: Adult (Naturalised Citizen)
Application Type: New
Method of application: Post Office Check & Send
Date of application: 13/04/2015
Date documents received by IPS: Not sure but they had received it by the 15/04/2015 as I called to check
Date of return of documents: unknown as mailbox is unmonitored. Delivered by DX Secure. No signature required as they just popped the envelope through my door.
Date of receipt of interview letter: unknown as mailbox is unmonitored (letter dated 17/04/2015)
Date of Passport Appointment: 01/05/2015 at Reading
Date of Passport Printing: 07/05/2015
Date of Passport Receipt: 15/05/2015 (exact date unknown as mailbox is unmonitored)

farhad34
Newly Registered

Post by farhad34 » Sat May 16, 2015 3:09 pm

farhad34 wrote:Check and send is Crap and a waste of money.I also applied through check and send but there is nothing that I cant do to pay them for it.I will say best thing is to apply online and then post your docs this way you can track your application online.

My application 8th may check and send postoffice
Havent received any confirmation or letter yet sso calld them today to check they have received my App.
Fingers crossed.
Just received a letter to book interview with Passporte office. Interview booked for Monday.
They have said that its gonna take between 7-10 days for the passport to be issued if everything goes fine.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Sun May 17, 2015 4:22 pm

I am going to apply for my first british passport after naturalised as a British Citizen. I am wondering that I have 3 passports of my current nationality. 2 expired and a current one.
On the 1st passport I have entered UK as a student, it was a manual passport so I applied for machine readable passport and then got my teir 1 on the 2nd passport which got expired in 2013 and got the 3rd and the last one and got my ILR on BRP.

1. Do i need to send all 3 passports with my british passport application.
2. Can I use the same countersignatory which I have used in my naturalisation as a referre?
3. Can I send prepaid self addressed envelope for return of my original docs and new british passport?
4. Do I need to mention my grandparent details?
5. Do I need to send my ILR BRP card?

Checklist of docs I am going to send will be as follows.

1. Completed passport form.
2. Citizenship certificate.
3. Old passports.
4. correct fee.

Am I missing anything?

I will apreciate if someone will give an opinion on above.
Thanks

happyguy82

Post by happyguy82 » Sun May 17, 2015 5:24 pm

waiz89k wrote:I am going to apply for my first british passport after naturalised as a British Citizen. I am wondering that I have 3 passports of my current nationality. 2 expired and a current one.
On the 1st passport I have entered UK as a student, it was a manual passport so I applied for machine readable passport and then got my teir 1 on the 2nd passport which got expired in 2013 and got the 3rd and the last one and got my ILR on BRP.

2. Can I use the same countersignatory which I have used in my naturalisation as a referre?
3. Can I send prepaid self addressed envelope for return of my original docs and new british passport?

3. Old passports.
4. correct fee.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks

The answers are very straightforward:

You need to send all un-cancelled ones and also the one you used to enter the UK the first time. In your case it's probably the first and third ones. Don't worry if you're unsure because the Check & Send service at the Post Office is good. They'll tell you what to do based on their vast experience of cases.

No. The requirement for countersignatory is much more lenient because it doesn't hold them liable for certifying you are a person of good character. You just need someone to verify that you match the description and photo, thus you're much more likely to find someone who can help. Note that the list of people whom qualify as a countersignatory is just as strict as the referee (i.e. doctor, engineer, director etc).

No but you can tick the box on the form that says you want your documents returned to you by secured delivery. The cost of your application will raise by £3 if you check this box.

No.

No.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Sun May 17, 2015 6:46 pm

Thank you very much @happyguy82

Just a confusion about contersignatory. U said "NO" but U mentioned as well that anyone can be a countersignatory as long as they r on the approved list of HMPO. So the person I am gona ask to countersign is a british citizen and a director of a VAT registered company but he was one of referees as well on my naturalisation application.

Can he be a countersignatory or is it a requirement of the HMPO that it has to be a different person than referees used in naturalisation?

docs I am sending with the application r fine or do I need to send something else.

3. Old passports.
4. correct fee.

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Sun May 17, 2015 8:55 pm

waiz89k wrote:Thank you very much @happyguy82

Just a confusion about contersignatory. U said "NO" but U mentioned as well that anyone can be a countersignatory as long as they r on the approved list of HMPO. So the person I am gona ask to countersign is a british citizen and a director of a VAT registered company but he was one of referees as well on my naturalisation application.

Can he be a countersignatory or is it a requirement of the HMPO that it has to be a different person than referees used in naturalisation?

docs I am sending with the application r fine or do I need to send something else.

3. Old passports.
4. correct fee.
You can use the same referee again. Thats not a problem. Ur supporting documents are fine. Just dnt forget ur photos , one countersigned.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Sun May 17, 2015 10:10 pm

Rahel1984 wrote:

3. Old passports.
4. correct fee.
You can use the same referee again. Thats not a problem. Ur supporting documents are fine. Just dnt forget ur photos , one countersigned.
Thank @raheel1984

Can I send 6 months old pictures which I have used in my naturalisation application as I look the same :wink:

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Sun May 17, 2015 10:18 pm

waiz89k wrote:
Rahel1984 wrote:

3. Old passports.
4. correct fee.
Thank @raheel1984

Can I send 6 months old pictures which I have used in my naturalisation application as I look the same :wink:
U can do but It says ur photo shouldn't be older than a month. So i would recommend you to send some new ones just to be in a safe side. There is no harm in taking picture.

waiz89k

Post by waiz89k » Sun May 17, 2015 11:05 pm

@raheel1984

I have read out the guidance booklet which comes with the passport form and I couldnt find it that the photo should be that much old. u r right there is no harm, anyways I will send them new one.

Tangie

Post by Tangie » Mon May 18, 2015 7:22 am

waiz89k wrote:I am going to apply for my first british passport after naturalised as a British Citizen. I am wondering that I have 3 passports of my current nationality. 2 expired and a current one.

3. Old passports.
4. correct fee.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks
Send all your passport. Current and expired ones.
Application Form
Passport size picture 2
Nauralization Certificate
Fees
Make sure your referees sign/date the application and one passport size picture. Yes you can use the same person.
No need for grandfater details, and you can send a pre-paid envelope. I just ticked the box on the form and paid extra 3 pound to have my doc sent back to me.
No need for BRP. You naturalization is the part that is needed for passport.
Good luck.

davster

Post by davster » Mon May 18, 2015 9:43 am

UPDATE

Passport for: Adult (Naturalised Citizen)
Application Type: New (First Adult)
Method of application: Check & Send
Date of application: 23/04/15
Date application hit HMP System: 27/04/15 (I called them and they confirmed the application is on to their system)
Date of return of documents: waiting
Date of receipt of interview letter: 30/04/15
Date of Passport Appointment: 07/05/15
Date of Passport Receipt: 13/05/15 (Was schedule to be delivered on 11/05/15. I intercepted the parcel and changed the delivery date for when I was home)

janto

Post by janto » Mon May 18, 2015 1:23 pm

How do those of you who used Check & Send know when your application was received by the passport office?

legit2011

Post by legit2011 » Mon May 18, 2015 1:29 pm

[quote="legit2011"]Application Timeline

Application Type: New (Naturalized Citizen)
Method of application: Postal (Self)
Date of application: 27th April 2015 (sepcial delivery)
Date application received by IPS: NA
Date of start of reviewing/processing my application: 1/05/2015
Date of SMS received: 1/05/2015
Date of return of documents: 05/05/2015
Date of receipt of interview letter: 04/05/2015 and 10/05/2015
Date of Passport Appointment: previously on the 5th but later changed to the 13th of May[/color]
Date of Passport Receipt: 15/05/2015

FULL BRITISH...

Many thanks to everyone, this is the end of the road for me but i will always be available to help out anyone needing guidance or advice. I must say this forum has been very helpful and its just right to give back and assist others