ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to apply dependent visa?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jayjolly

When to apply dependent visa?

Post by Jayjolly » Fri May 15, 2015 3:45 pm

The company who has hired me is applying for my visa in the UK. Since they are not paying for the visa costs for my dependents I have to pay for it. Can I apply for my dependents visa while my visa is under process or do I need to finish my visa processing first and then apply for dependent visa?

Also can I apply the dependent visa from my home country or do I need to enter the UK first and then apply the visa from there?

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: When to apply dependent visa?

Post by moonlight55 » Fri May 15, 2015 4:19 pm

You can either apply along with you or later once your visa is processed. Personally, I would recommend you apply together to same time.

Jayjolly

Re: When to apply dependent visa?

Post by Jayjolly » Fri May 15, 2015 4:50 pm

moonlight55 wrote:You can either apply along with you or later once your visa is processed. Personally, I would recommend you apply together to same time.
Can there be any issues if I apply it separately? Why do you recommend that I do it together with my visa?

Thanks.