ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

switching from tier 4 to eea route!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khann
Newly Registered

switching from tier 4 to eea route!

Post by khann » Sat May 16, 2015 3:41 pm

Hi guys,
hope you are well? my tier 4 visa was curtailed to 60 days which is going to end on 30th may2015... i have searched a lot to continue my studies but no college(s) is offering a case letter. i have girl friend from eu and she lives with me we want to marry and for that i have notified the council but they have given the appointment 0n 21st may and after that i would need 28 days or in referral case it might take up to 78 days.
i dont want to breach the uk law and dont want to live here overstayed...how can i have time from UKBA to remain legal till my marriage ceremony? please help me, shall i involve layer or any other option if you guys knows would very appreciated! thanks

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Re: switching from tier 4 to eea route!

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sat May 16, 2015 5:40 pm

In this situation you will have to undergo numerous hardships like chances of immigration raid on wedding day but if you successfully married then during your European eea2 application you will be invited along with your girlfriend/wife for an interviews and you both need to answer with matching replies between 95%-100%, in other words that route will give you a taste equivalent to PHD degree.
But anyhow what you can do send the EEA2 application now without marriage certificate but after few days when you marry then simply send them with cover letter the original marriage certificate.
otherwise leave the country within 28 days and get married abroad and apply entry clearance (EEA family permit).
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler

khann
Newly Registered

Post by khann » Sat May 16, 2015 6:26 pm

Thank you very much for your prompt reply! i never thought it would as hard as you described because i am not illegal and nor i am breaching any law. we are living together and we know each other from last 1 and half year..my main quest is how can i avoid my over stay which going to start from 30th may till my ceremony?
and you have mention i can send them my EEA2 application without my marriage certificate which is a good idea but if you can do me a favour explaining more about this application would very appreciated!
once again thank you very much!

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sun May 17, 2015 12:02 pm

ukba do not care that how long you know each other but all they check the documentary evidences, its confirmations and matching replies in interview. Distant chat on skype, facebook etc cannot build unmarried partner basis but If you have joint bank statement, join bills, joint tenancy agreement then you can apply now on unmarried partner basis then marry then update them with your married status. All the required documents for application are very clearly written on the form in simple english.
"Words build bridges into unexplored regions" Adolf Hitler