ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP Online Application - Apply for someone else

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

juliarida
Newly Registered

EEA FP Online Application - Apply for someone else

Post by juliarida » Sat May 16, 2015 7:51 pm

Hello and apologies for opening another topic in case this question was already posed (however, when searching though this incredibly informative and helpful forum, I have not stumbled upon my query).

I am an EEA National working in the UK and my husband is Egyptian living in Egypt. We are planning to apply online shortly and I have just been checking the online application. I noticed an option "Apply for someone else". Now, would this apply for the EEA FP as well?

While my husband does speak English, he is not proficient and definitely not used of the "official language" on English applications. Would it then be possible for me to apply for him online (in the "Apply for someone else" section, of course), then he prints out the application, signs it, takes all the additional paperwork that we collected and take it to his appointment in Egypt? Has anyone else done this before?

Also, to all of you that have already applied; when you complete the application, do you need to print the printed version immediately or can you save it on the computer? I'm just not sure about the format and want to be prepared before we make the "big scary leap" of filling this thing out :).

Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated :)

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Re: EEA FP Online Application - Apply for someone else

Post by obormot » Sat May 16, 2015 10:05 pm

Well, I filled all the FP and then EEA2 papers for my mother (who practically does not speak any english), as well as recently for her friend applying for tourist visa to visit us, but of course I did not say that form is filled "by somebody else" (this is for paid help!). I am the one who does all the paperwork in the family (for example, taxes..); if I would start saying every time that it is not them who physically filled all the forms, my life would become a bureaucratic nightmare.
Just fill in the answers, print and let your husband sign (you can save the completed form; you can also send it by email for a person to sign - say, if this person is in another country, like it was in case of my mum's friend)
Remember that for FP you do not need to answer majority of the questions in the form (like about funds available to applicant, etc)

juliarida
Newly Registered

Re: EEA FP Online Application - Apply for someone else

Post by juliarida » Mon May 18, 2015 7:27 am

Thank you for that. I wasn't sure in case they might annoy my husband as to how did he fill in the application if he isn't fluent in person (in case they invite him for an interview).

And yes, I was made aware (only due to existence of this forum) that we don't have to answer all the questions. I will attempt to put not applicable in certain fields and see if it lets me. If not, I will just answer and add in the notes that this is not a requirement. We will also add a bunch of paperwork proving our relationship is genuine, just in case.

Btw, are any photocopies of all the originals and original copies necessary?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!