ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 2 General Dependent

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

praveen_d
Newly Registered

UK Tier 2 General Dependent

Post by praveen_d » Sun May 03, 2015 3:22 pm

Hi ,
I am moving to Uk in couple of months on Tier 2 general visa.

Can i bring my wife on VISIT visa initially instead of dependent (T2G partner) visa ?.

Will there be any problems if i apply dependent visa for her later ?, after the visit visa completion ?.

Please advise. many thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Tier 2 General Dependent

Post by CR001 » Sun May 03, 2015 4:11 pm

Yes you can but whether she will be granted a visa is another question. What will she provide to prove strong ties to her home country to convince the ECO that she will leave the UK and not use the visit visa to remain or circumvent the rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

praveen_d
Newly Registered

Post by praveen_d » Sat May 16, 2015 5:41 pm

Hi ,
Thanks for the reply . I have got 5 years visa on Tier 2 general.
can i apply for my dependent , Tier 2 general partner visa only for 3 years instead of 5 years ? (basically to save money) or i should only apply for 5 years for my dependent also as mine is valid for 5 years. please advise.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 17, 2015 3:13 am

Her dependant leave should be in line with yours under 319C and 319D.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

praveen_d
Newly Registered

Post by praveen_d » Sun May 17, 2015 6:18 am

Hi, Thanks for the reply. but i didn't find such a condition in the clauses which you mentioned. i am not applying for the leave more than the main applicant.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 17, 2015 6:22 am

319D wrote:(a) (i) Entry clearance or limited leave to remain will be granted for a period which expires on the same day as the leave granted to the Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.