ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child British Passport application from India

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nsunkada
Newly Registered

Child British Passport application from India

Post by nsunkada » Sat May 09, 2015 11:12 pm

Hello Folks

I applied for British passport for my new born baby on Jan 23rd. To this date i am still waiting. Few weeks back when i called to chase up, home office guy said Photos do not meet guidelines as baby had closed eyes. Although, guidelines does say baby is allowed to close eyes. Anyway, i sent new set of photos about 5 wks back.

I have no idea about the status as Homeoffice is such a pathetic organisation. They have not given me any reference number and when i call all they say is application is being processed. I am fed up now but i don't know what i can do. Can someone advice me as to what i can do as i have desperately waited for my wife and daughter to join me for 4 months already

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Child British Passport application from India

Post by fwd079 » Mon May 11, 2015 9:40 am

nsunkada wrote:Hello Folks

I applied for British passport for my new born baby on Jan 23rd. To this date i am still waiting. Few weeks back when i called to chase up, home office guy said Photos do not meet guidelines as baby had closed eyes. Although, guidelines does say baby is allowed to close eyes. Anyway, i sent new set of photos about 5 wks back.

I have no idea about the status as Homeoffice is such a pathetic organisation. They have not given me any reference number and when i call all they say is application is being processed. I am fed up now but i don't know what i can do. Can someone advice me as to what i can do as i have desperately waited for my wife and daughter to join me for 4 months already
You have to wait sadly, as per this link it can take at least 16 weeks.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

nsunkada
Newly Registered

Post by nsunkada » Sun May 17, 2015 8:09 am

Disappointing. Can i apply for Indian passport and UK Dependent visa in the interim so that they can join me. Once here, maybe i can pursue British passport or re-apply?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun May 17, 2015 8:35 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.