ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will I loose my ILR visa if I work abroad for 3 years?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hamster123
Newly Registered

Re: Will I loose my ILR visa if I work abroad for 3 years?

Post by Hamster123 » Sun May 17, 2015 10:31 am

vinny wrote:I think you may be shooting yourself in the foot, if you apply for a work permit to another country before you are granted British citizenship. Your ILR may be at risk and you may fail the future intentions requirements for British citizenship.
Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking too, that's an other reason I am a bit reluctant to apply for a BC and was hoping I could just work for about 2 years without risking the ILR.
I realise that it's a completely different situation and it's silly to even bring this up, but from what I know to keep a Green Card for example one only needs to go to the US once every 6 months and thats it. But yeah, bufore you guys say, I know, different country different rules of course.

Hmm... hard decision...

Anyway, Cheers guys.