ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for child born outside UK - 1 parent is UK Citizen

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ILR for child born outside UK - 1 parent is UK Citizen

Post by 1273 » Sun May 17, 2015 9:37 pm

I have a child born outside the UK. I have full custody. The mother and I are not together. I am a British Citizen and as well as my wife and two other children..

The child living outside the UK is being cared for by a Legal Guardian - that I appointed. The mother is no where to be found.

Can I apply for ILR for the child? What documents do I need to submit? What are the immigration rules pertaining to this?

Thanks in a advance.
WOW

vinny

Re: ILR for child born outside UK - 1 parent is UK Citizen

Post by vinny » Mon May 18, 2015 12:43 am

Were you a British citizen otherwise than by descent at the time of your child's birth? When was your child born?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Post by 1273 » Mon May 18, 2015 6:15 am

I was born in Jamaica. When my son was born I was settled in the UK (ILR). I applied for Citizenship I year after my son was born.
WOW

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon May 18, 2015 8:14 am

Child may apply to join you, under A280(b), 297, subject to sole responsibility or exclusion undesirable and adequate accommodation, etc. Child should be granted ILE.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon May 18, 2015 8:11 pm

Giving what you said about appointing a legal guardian, you may well be able to meet the sole responsibility test.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors