ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marrige Certificate - Validity and Apostille Stamp

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bucki

Re: Marrige Certificate - Validity and Apostille Stamp

Post by Bucki » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:36 pm

is not cos i dont trust you but rather too much iformation, some say this and some say that.

one of my friend who is also british, got married back home same way as i did, and when he put his applicatio forward at the british ambasy back home - the ambasy asked to provide apostile stamp.

YESTERDAY, my wife went to uk ambasy there, and they said "we dont know if apostile stamp is required, do ur research ..."

this is sooo weird

Bucki

Post by Bucki » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:06 pm

UPDATE

I spoke to one of the guys ho deal with marriage certificate etc at the ministry of defence in PR, back home.

He said "I can give you the stamp but UK will refuse it right away as they will see that you got married here with a non-uk passport. Best practise is, to take your marriage certificate and ask your local council if they would accept it, and if not to ask what other documents are required .."

By the sound of it, there must be something behind it.

Whatever that is, I dont understand!!

i wish I had a direct number for UK Imigration officer to get this clarifications cos I am getting nowhere.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:27 pm

married here with a non-uk passport.
This is irrelevant as you are a citizen of that country. I have provided my personal experience already.

Another example for you, and this will be my last post on this topic as I feel the correct advice has been given.

A person in the UK with Indefinite Leave to Remain (settled), marries in his country of birth using his relevant birth country's identity documents. Wife gets UK spouse visa as marriage certificate is valid and marriage is recognised, even though person is not British and marriage certificate is not apostilled.

The same applies to birth certificates issued abroad, all accepted by UKVI. Apostille stamps are not required.

There is nothing sinister or 'something behind it' in regards to UKVI.
by Casa » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:19 pm
I married my husband outside of the UK and submitted an original copy of our marriage certificate. He was granted a spouse entry visa, ILR and British Citizenship...all without an apostille. :|
If you're still not convinced that we've given you correct information, seek advice from a legally qualified immigration advisor,
I would suggest that as you don't seem to believe the advice we are providing you or our own experiences, best would be to do as Casa has advised and seek advice, at a fee, from a immigration advisor.

Good luck.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

apostillenet
Newly Registered

Post by apostillenet » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:09 pm

Hi there,

Maybe we can help you. Please vist: xxxxx send us a scaned copy of your docments for free evaliation.

We will do our best to give you the best option.

Thanks,

Luis Massieu
Last edited by CR001 on Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Weblink removed - advertising not permitted

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:36 pm

I hope the evaluation is better than the spelling :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:47 pm

Casa wrote:I hope the evaluation is better than the spelling :|
I though exactly the same particularly as the company is New York based.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bucki

Post by Bucki » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:34 pm

hmmm this is a scam or something.
i wont sent any docs to that person.

i rather like to talk to HO Dealing with immigration, need to find direct number.

i aint getting nowhere.
you all told me ur experience and knowledge but the person sho actually deals with such things , back home, working at ministry of difence said that he deals with thousands of Uk spouse visa application and when it comes to it ... uk always asks for apostile stamp.

Even tho, I swear myself to look if such an requirement excists on any of HO website but unlucky.

Anyway ... i will go to my local council here in UK and ask if they would accept my certificate as it is.

Thanks guys a million

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:44 pm

Why would someone from the Ministry of Defence be processing UK spouse visa applications? :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Bucki

Post by Bucki » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:56 pm

Casa wrote:Why would someone from the Ministry of Defence be processing UK spouse visa applications? :?
cos he said, I get all the notifications from UK and applications when are made to/through UK.

he stated: i deal with many of these documents and apostile is requires.

This makes me wonder tho, cos I thought spouse visa applications are dealt in Polant (in case of my country, the application apparently get processed in Poland)

but yeh nothing is clear to me.

whether my locL council is able to help in this direction, i doubt so

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:43 pm

Since 1st April 2014, Teleperformance have taken over the handling of UK spouse visa applications submitted in Kosovo. I suggest you contact them for advice
https://www.gov.uk/government/world-loc ... -in-kosovo
(Casa, not CR001)

apostillenet
Newly Registered

Post by apostillenet » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:47 pm

Hi there,

Hope to be able to help you. Please send me scaned copy of the document via emial to xxxxxxx I will review it for free and give you my best opinion. Thanks Luis Massieu New York xxxxxxxx
Last edited by CR001 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Weblink removed - advertising not permitted

nikkyraj

Post by nikkyraj » Mon May 18, 2015 12:14 am

Hi

I got married 3 years ago. I was an Indian citizen at that time with Indian passport and UK ILR. Got married in India and got the marriage certificate from the court from India. Applied for my wife's spouse visa from Delhi using the same marriage certificate. My wife has been here with me for last 3 years. Applied for my wife's ILR last year with the same marriage certificate and she got her ILR without any problem.
The certificate had stamps from court and was in English, but not attested or countersigned or verified or had an apostille certificate.
No questions were asked during the application process in India and the ILR process here in the UK and the marriage certificate was accepted.
So I think you should not worry about getting an apostille certificate.
Hope this helps.