ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

salma123aslam

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by salma123aslam » Sun May 17, 2015 11:34 am

How long does it take for islamabad to contact you after a appeal withdrawal?
Application submitted mirpur 26th november 2014
Application forwarded to islamabad on 26th november 2014
6/02/2015 visa rejected :(
16/02/2015 sent application for appeal
28/03/2015 received pending appeal notice
Review deadline 8th july 2015

sajjaduk
United Kingdom

Post by sajjaduk » Sun May 17, 2015 3:04 pm

salma123aslam wrote:How long does it take for islamabad to contact you after a appeal withdrawal?
I've come across people who have herd back within a couple of weeks and some who have waited months ... just keep faith in Allah SWT and do dua ... In Shaa Allah you will hear positive news back soon
NATURALISATION SUBMITTED APRIL 2021

ab112

Post by ab112 » Sun May 17, 2015 5:04 pm

sajjaduk wrote:
salma123aslam wrote:How long does it take for islamabad to contact you after a appeal withdrawal?
I've come across people who have herd back within a couple of weeks and some who have waited months ... just keep faith in Allah SWT and do dua ... In Shaa Allah you will hear positive news back soon
How do you make an appeal? Have you appealed yourself or via a solicitor?

I am still waiting for wife's application to be processed but Im thinking about my options if it is rejected (because I am changing job and am worried they will ring my current employer!!)

ab112

Post by ab112 » Sun May 17, 2015 6:22 pm

I have two questions:

1) Has anyone's spouse been refused a visa because they changed job? I am changing job at the end of the month, going for a higher pay job but I am wondering if they would see this as a problem? Anyone got experience of this? Do you think I should an email to UKVI and advice them I am changing job?

2) Anyone applied in Islamabad in March got an answer? We applied 17 March and its not even been assessed yet!

ia2015
Newly Registered

Post by ia2015 » Sun May 17, 2015 7:31 pm

ab112 wrote:I have two questions:

1) Has anyone's spouse been refused a visa because they changed job? I am changing job at the end of the month, going for a higher pay job but I am wondering if they would see this as a problem? Anyone got experience of this? Do you think I should an email to UKVI and advice them I am changing job?

2) Anyone applied in Islamabad in March got an answer? We applied 17 March and its not even been assessed yet!

Hey

In answer to your questions;

1)I remember when I went for an appeal last year, I had lost my job just before the hearing. The appeal was rejected (for other reasons) but even though I told them that I lost my job, they weren't concerned. From what I understand, the application is based upon your circumstances at the time of the application

Circumstances change - you can't be the only one who has changed jobs since your application; and they wouldn't revoke the visa if you lost your job two months after your spouse entering the UK. So I wouldn't worry.

2) I applied and submitted docs on 30th March - from trawling these forums, the general rule of thumb is 2.5 months/10 weeks. As such, I imagine you, (as well as me!) should be receiving an answer soon

Inshallah it's the decision we want.

sajjaduk
United Kingdom

Post by sajjaduk » Sun May 17, 2015 7:35 pm

Keep positive in Shaa Allah the visa application will be successful...
The ECO would expect you to be in the same employment when the checks are carried out with both employer and HMRC. Yes this can result in rejection if your no longer with the employer you provided evidence to satisfy the financial requirement.

With appeal side well it can be lodged either directly in pakistan VFC but better option would be to lodge the appeal online in the uk and post evidence to uk offices.

With application side well a few March's have had response back but very minimum so I would suggest just keep faith and be patient .. in Shaa Allah you may here in next week or 2.
You can request an update via online on the ukvi enquiry service for a update on current status

ab112

Post by ab112 » Sun May 17, 2015 10:48 pm

ia2015 wrote:

Hey

In answer to your questions;

1)I remember when I went for an appeal last year, I had lost my job just before the hearing. The appeal was rejected (for other reasons) but even though I told them that I lost my job, they weren't concerned. From what I understand, the application is based upon your circumstances at the time of the application

Circumstances change - you can't be the only one who has changed jobs since your application; and they wouldn't revoke the visa if you lost your job two months after your spouse entering the UK. So I wouldn't worry.

2) I applied and submitted docs on 30th March - from trawling these forums, the general rule of thumb is 2.5 months/10 weeks. As such, I imagine you, (as well as me!) should be receiving an answer soon

Inshallah it's the decision we want.

I've noticed 2.5 months as well so hopefully not too long to go, although on their website they said 45% march applicants decided within 30 working days! But I would rather wait longer than get a refusal.

I hope you are right, nowhere on their website and their regulations I saw anything about changing jobs during process. I know a couple of people who were rejected because ECO didnt believe their job was legitimate but they never contacted their employer. However, I've read people on here say eco contacted their employer. I know what my employer would say if they contacted him :(

Did you not apply for visitor visa when you were refused first time? I am thinking about applying for visitor visa (6 months) if rejected. I cant be away from my wife any longer!

ab112

Post by ab112 » Sun May 17, 2015 10:51 pm

sajjaduk wrote:

The ECO would expect you to be in the same employment when the checks are carried out with both employer and HMRC. Yes this can result in rejection if your no longer with the employer you provided evidence to satisfy the financial requirement.

With appeal side well it can be lodged either directly in pakistan VFC but better option would be to lodge the appeal online in the uk and post evidence to uk offices.

With application side well a few March's have had response back but very minimum so I would suggest just keep faith and be patient .. in Shaa Allah you may here in next week or 2.
You can request an update via online on the ukvi enquiry service for a update on current status

I cannot find anything on their website that says you cant change jobs whilst you are waiting for a decision! It is all about documents submitted and your circumstances at the time of application! But then again this is Immigration and they can do anything!

I've already asked for status of application a few times, I dont want to do it every week, last week it wasnt assessed yet!

unis
Newly Registered

Post by unis » Sun May 17, 2015 11:29 pm

hi everyone a question for anyone who is in this situation or knows someone who has been in this situation..... basically my wife got her visa in dec14 she handed her passport in and they go we will ring you for collection its been 5 months.. i got my mp involved he received a email saying we will send the passport soon still nothing... any thoughts ???

tiger90210

Post by tiger90210 » Mon May 18, 2015 7:15 am

ab112 wrote:
sajjaduk wrote:
How do you make an appeal? Have you appealed yourself or via a solicitor?

I am still waiting for wife's application to be processed but Im thinking about my options if it is rejected (because I am changing job and am worried they will ring my current employer!!)
First rule of spouse visa never change ur job when applying
You've made a gross error

tiger90210

Post by tiger90210 » Mon May 18, 2015 9:28 am

ab112 wrote:
sajjaduk wrote:

I cannot find anything on their website that says you cant change jobs whilst you are waiting for a decision! It is all about documents submitted and your circumstances at the time of application! But then again this is Immigration and they can do anything!

I've already asked for status of application a few times, I dont want to do it every week, last week it wasnt assessed yet!
After spouse visa a visit visa will also be refused

khuram_noman

Post by khuram_noman » Mon May 18, 2015 9:40 am

any march applicant gets any updates ?

tiger90210

Post by tiger90210 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:10 am

khuram_noman wrote:any march applicant gets any updates ?
Every case is different dnt waste ur time asking Abt others updates

ab112

Post by ab112 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:11 am

@ tiger90210 What makes you so confident that a visitor visa will also be refused? The requirements is different

ab112

Post by ab112 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:12 am

Nothing yet from me, applied on 17 march in islamabad. You?

sajjaduk
United Kingdom

Post by sajjaduk » Mon May 18, 2015 10:16 am

Tho I agree that every case is different but with updates we can have a rough estimate of which applications have been dealt with to have an idea on timescales.
Yes some people will hear sooner on straight forward cases and some will hear later due to further checks ... so it's all down to kismet so just stay strong and remember each other in duas.

khuram_noman

Post by khuram_noman » Mon May 18, 2015 10:17 am

nothing, my wife applied on 12March from lahore. have you email them about status ?

khuram_noman

Post by khuram_noman » Mon May 18, 2015 10:25 am

ab112 wrote:@ tiger90210 What makes you so confident that a visitor visa will also be refused? The requirements is different
@tiger90210 we all are here to support each other while they are waiting...any question or about the status is not waste of time....always worth knowing how other ppl are doing.

ab112

Post by ab112 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:41 am

khuram_noman wrote:nothing, my wife applied on 12March from lahore. have you email them about status ?
I emailed them a few times actually lol, I thought 45% of applicants from islamabad were decided within 30 working days so emailed them a few times since that day passed! I thought they must be into mid-march by now but if you are waiting that assumption is obviously wrong!

If they refuse my wife and I dont see any way by which I can win an appeal then I will apply for visitor visa, I cant take this anymore!

tiger90210

Post by tiger90210 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:42 am

Every case is different dnt waste ur time asking Abt others updates

tiger90210

Post by tiger90210 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:44 am

ab112 wrote:
khuram_noman wrote:nothing, my wife applied on 12March from lahore. have you email them about status ?
I emailed them a few times actually lol, I thought 45% of applicants from islamabad were decided within 30 working days so emailed them a few times since that day passed! I thought they must be into mid-march by now but if you are waiting that assumption is obviously wrong!

If they refuse my wife and I dont see any way by which I can win an appeal then I will apply for visitor visa, I cant take this anymore!
If u fill the criteria of spouse Why will they refuse

salma123aslam

Post by salma123aslam » Mon May 18, 2015 12:05 pm

Alhamdulillah alhumdulillah thanks to all mighty Allah my husband got a call to submit passport :)
Application submitted mirpur 26th november 2014
Application forwarded to islamabad on 26th november 2014
6/02/2015 visa rejected :(
16/02/2015 sent application for appeal
28/03/2015 received pending appeal notice
Review deadline 8th july 2015

sajjaduk
United Kingdom

Post by sajjaduk » Mon May 18, 2015 12:26 pm

salma123aslam wrote:Alhamdulillah alhumdulillah thanks to all mighty Allah my husband got a call to submit passport :)
That's great nnews
All the best and keep us posted :)

FizzB
Newly Registered

Post by FizzB » Mon May 18, 2015 12:46 pm

ab112 wrote:

It's not advised for a spouse to travel on a visitor visa, as there's always a chance that the person travelling will over stay or just never return. I have a valid 2 year visit visa but was advised against travelling with my husband as even the border officer on arrival at the airport can suspect that you won't return and can deny your entry into the country. Chances of your wife getting a visit visa are slim, and it's risky to travel on that visa..

mutibali

Post by mutibali » Mon May 18, 2015 6:58 pm

Hello guys. I'm new to this forum so i apologise if i've posted this in the wrong section.

Basically I'm waiting on UKVI to get back to me regarding my wifes visa application. It's going to have been 10 weeks this Thursday since submitted biometric at Mirpur.

After contacting them, I received an email from them today saying "'Pre assessment completed - Under process for further enquiries – checks'". What does this actually mean? Any how long before i should expect an answer?

Any information would be grateful.

Thanks