ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refund approved for withdrawn PEO ILR Dependant application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thebaisify28
Newly Registered

Refund approved for withdrawn PEO ILR Dependant application

Post by thebaisify28 » Mon May 18, 2015 4:14 pm

The issue of refunds for PEO appointments has been discussed on this forum and most seem to accept that where an application is withdrawn on the day, a refund will not be approved. Well, this was not the case with mine.

I have another thread where I confirmed that my ILR application was approved in Solihull however I mistakenly assumed ( assumption is always dangerous) that my wife's Scottish HNC&HND college degrees (cost her more than £6k) were sufficient for the english language requirement - I was terribly wrong!!!

Thankfully, the caseworker gave us the option to withdraw my wife's application and go ahead with mine since she had already pre-approved my application. She did however state that she could not authorize a refund and that I would most likely lose the fee.

I agreed to the withdrawal, got my wife's documents back ( her passport was not stamped) and booked another appointment at same PEO for 2.5weeks ahead to allow time for my wife to sit the SLET test at Trinity college. I also sent an email to the refunds team and explained that the dependant application was withdrawn and would like a refund.This was on 02/05.

I didn't hold much hope but today, 18/05 I received an email confirming that my refund had been authorized less the £100 booking fee.

There is a bitter-sweet feeling about it because my original appointment was made using the old fees- I had to book the new one at £1900. At least I didn't lose the entire £1493.

Strangely, the new appointment is tomorrow (19/05) so hopefully I'd report back to the forum on what should be a straightforward application. :)

Omor4real

Re: Refund approved for withdrawn PEO ILR Dependant applicat

Post by Omor4real » Mon May 18, 2015 5:16 pm

pls can you share the email address, i need to make a request as well.

thebaisify28
Newly Registered

Post by thebaisify28 » Mon May 18, 2015 11:13 pm

Omor4real wrote:pls can you share the email address, i need to make a request as well.
Sure. Here you go PSCAppointmentRefunds@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

thebaisify28
Newly Registered

Post by thebaisify28 » Tue May 19, 2015 11:48 am

thebaisify28 wrote:The issue of refunds for PEO appointments has been discussed on this forum and most seem to accept that where an application is withdrawn on the day, a refund will not be approved. Well, this was not the case with mine.

I have another thread where I confirmed that my ILR application was approved in Solihull however I mistakenly assumed ( assumption is always dangerous) that my wife's Scottish HNC&HND college degrees (cost her more than £6k) were sufficient for the english language requirement - I was terribly wrong!!!

Thankfully, the caseworker gave us the option to withdraw my wife's application and go ahead with mine since she had already pre-approved my application. She did however state that she could not authorize a refund and that I would most likely lose the fee.

I agreed to the withdrawal, got my wife's documents back ( her passport was not stamped) and booked another appointment at same PEO for 2.5weeks ahead to allow time for my wife to sit the SLET test at Trinity college. I also sent an email to the refunds team and explained that the dependant application was withdrawn and would like a refund.This was on 02/05.

I didn't hold much hope but today, 18/05 I received an email confirming that my refund had been authorized less the £100 booking fee.

There is a bitter-sweet feeling about it because my original appointment was made using the old fees- I had to book the new one at £1900. At least I didn't lose the entire £1493.

Strangely, the new appointment is tomorrow (19/05) so hopefully I'd report back to the forum on what should be a straightforward application. :)
UPDATE

ILR Tier 1 Dependant application approved today (19/05) in SoliHull. Thanks