ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship App form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

YoumeUs4ever
Newly Registered

British citizenship App form

Post by YoumeUs4ever » Mon May 18, 2015 10:56 pm

Hello guys , hope you all doing well. I will apply for a british citizenship next month . I was wondering do i have to send any Bank,sky,council tax Bills Like I did for my ILR .?

Thanks alot.

AcrossBorders

Re: British citizenship App form

Post by AcrossBorders » Mon May 18, 2015 11:25 pm

If you are applying as a spouse of a British Citizen, then you need 3 years of evidence living in the UK

The form states you can use:
Your passports Or
• Letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments
indicating presence in UK
But what if the applicant has not worked or studied in the UK? What docs can they use, hope a senior member can answer.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 19, 2015 12:25 pm

YoumeUs4ever wrote:Hello guys , hope you all doing well. I will apply for a british citizenship next month . I was wondering do i have to send any Bank,sky,council tax Bills Like I did for my ILR .?

Thanks alot.
No you do not have to send these. Are you applying on the basis of 3 years or 5 years residence?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 19, 2015 12:27 pm

AcrossBorders wrote:But what if the applicant has not worked or studied in the UK? What docs can they use, hope a senior member can answer.
Employment is not a requirement for citizenship, neither is studying. You only need to send these documents if you DO NOT have the passports covering the residence period.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.