ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

University tuition status during ILR waiting period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SnowySammy
Newly Registered

University tuition status during ILR waiting period

Post by SnowySammy » Sun May 17, 2015 2:34 pm

Hello. My son is applying for ILR as my dependant next April 2016 with me and meanwhile he is also planning to go to an university next Septermber 2016. If we apply for ILR using the standard route (not premier service), six months seem to be an expected waiting time to obtain ILR, which will be a bit later after my son starts an university.

My son is also interested in taking a gap year and I would like to know if this would be beneficial for his tuition status. Alternatively, I would also like to know if processing ILR using a premier service would be an only option for him to be a home student if he wants to start an university on time next September 2016.

Does anyone know what university tuition status would be (i.e., home student or oversea student) if a child's ILR is still in process when he starts the first day of his academic year?

Does anyone also know if he defers one year before he enters an university (i.e., take a gap year before he starts to uni), his tuition status would be more likely granted as a home student since his first day of academic year would be a year later (i.e., September 2017)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance.

Regards,

riz1986

Re: University tuition status during ILR waiting period

Post by riz1986 » Mon May 18, 2015 12:26 pm

Gap year seems best option.....u can check wid SLC if he's eligible to get a student loan once he's got ILR.

mjm9691

Post by mjm9691 » Mon May 18, 2015 11:06 pm

By 1/09/whatever year he or she must have ILR to be eligible for home fees/loan. You can check on UCAS website they have all details.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 19, 2015 12:28 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

SnowySammy
Newly Registered

Post by SnowySammy » Thu May 21, 2015 7:10 pm

Sorry for my late response. I didn't expect someone could reply to me. Thank you so much, riz1986, mjm9691, vinny. I will certainly look into the websites.