ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

inna.p

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by inna.p » Tue May 19, 2015 12:06 am

It's totally ok to travel alone as long as your EEA FP is valid. The only time it's a problem is after FP expired and till you get your RC

Elainezong
Newly Registered

Post by Elainezong » Tue May 19, 2015 8:24 am

efussy234 wrote:
Elainezong wrote:Hi everyone,
I am a new member here, who want to share my EEA2 RC application timeline and hear about your timeline updates. My timeline is as below:

Applied on : 21, Jan 2015
COA with work right issued on : 2nd Feb 2015
Received COA email on:3rd, Feb,2015
Received COA mail on:7th, Feb,2015

No news after COA, I am desperately waiting for my RC to be able to go back to France ASAP.

Ps: i am a Chinese, married a French in 2013 in China, came to the UK by using UK family permit (EEA2) last October.

Thanks!

Elaine
Applied 26 jan 2015
COA with work tight issued on 2nd feb 2015
recieved COA 3rd feb 2015
Rc waiting...?
Married in france.. came to uk with uk family permit.
Thanks for sharing yours with me, our timeline is really similar, :D fingers crossed this month!

rfgranlund
Newly Registered

Post by rfgranlund » Tue May 19, 2015 8:52 am

Hi all,

Got my COA with right to work yesterday. Exactly 7 days after submitting biometrics.

Now just anxiously waiting for my passport.
I've got mandatory travel on June 9, and I was told by HO there was plenty of time to apply and request it back.
I submitted the online Return of Documents form on 2 May, right after receiving my HO Acknowledgement Letter,
so I didn't wait the full 10 days after applying - I wanted to get a jump on it.

Now, 10 working days have passed since submitting the ROD form, but they say that's normal if you request too early.
Submitted the online ROD Enquiry form today, just in case.

Anyone else like me, who asked immediately (upon getting the HO Acknowledgement Letter) for their passport back?
Response times?

As always,
Good luck to all!

musassco
Newly Registered

Post by musassco » Tue May 19, 2015 10:38 am

bilirserdar wrote:
musassco wrote:Hu guys, when is the 6 months start ? When u sent app or when u receive coa?
when you received case ID, timeline starts then
Thanks 4 dat

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Tue May 19, 2015 11:00 am

rfgranlund wrote:Hi all,

Got my COA with right to work yesterday. Exactly 7 days after submitting biometrics.

I've got mandatory travel on June 9, and I was told by HO there was plenty of time to apply and request it back.
I submitted the online Return of Documents form on 2 May, right after receiving my HO Acknowledgement Letter,
so I didn't wait the full 10 days after applying - I wanted to get a jump on it.

Now, 10 working days have passed since submitting the ROD form, but they say that's normal if you request too early.

Anyone else like me, who asked immediately (upon getting the HO Acknowledgement Letter) for their passport back?
Response times?

Hi mate
I enrolled my biometrics at 15/5/15, I need my coa urgently, I phoned them yesterday, I have been told that I will get my COA earliest after 3 weeks. when your COA later dated?
As always,
Good luck to all!

I have been told by home office dont expect COA before 3 weeks after biometric enrollment

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Tue May 19, 2015 4:04 pm

Response times?

As always,
Good luck to all!
I am too in the understanding that as long as your passport is at the HO for at least 10 days you can request back.

Mine took a bit under two weeks to arrive...I DID NOT complete the field where you ask for it urgently, because it wasn´t super urgent, not sure if you completed that field or not.
British Citizen after 5 years EEU Settled
Naturalisation process took two months:

jojoedel
Newly Registered

Post by jojoedel » Tue May 19, 2015 8:01 pm

Hi all
we received our rc today dated 13may.... I changed my job in April... I was thinking it would slow the application but luckily it didn't.... I sent my contract along with a brief cover note and also included some pics of us since hubby been in the uk
Applied 12jan
Coa 23jan
Rc 19may dated 13may
No questionnaire
No home visit

:D so happy our wait is over
Good luck to all still waiting hoping it will come soon
This page has been so good to look at people's timelines and have an idea of what to expect
Thanks and hope ur wait is over very soon

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Tue May 19, 2015 8:41 pm

jojoedel wrote:Hi all
we received our rc today dated 13may.... I changed my job in April... I was thinking it would slow the application but luckily it didn't.... I sent my contract along with a brief cover note and also included some pics of us since hubby been in the uk
Applied 12jan
Coa 23jan
Rc 19may dated 13may
No questionnaire
No home visit

This page has been so good to look at people's timelines and have an idea of what to expect
JOJO, great news.

One question...how do you inform the HO of any changes such as employment status for instance?

Tx!

February2015 COA
Newly Registered

Post by February2015 COA » Tue May 19, 2015 8:43 pm

Hi all,

I thought I should share my timeline with everyone. I have hopefully correctly input it into my signature. I will make sure I make a post if I have any information.

I will explain my situation if anyone is interested and in the same situation. My case is pretty straightforward (I think so anyway). I'm from New Zealand and are applying with my unmarried Germany girlfriend. We have been together since 2009 and we provided evidence to support this. We moved to the UK in 2013, during this time I have been on a Tier5 visa which unfortunately expired this month. With the COA I am entitled to stay in the country until the RC arrives.

jojoedel
Newly Registered

Post by jojoedel » Tue May 19, 2015 9:02 pm

Mileman wrote:
Applied 12jan
Coa 23jan
Rc 19may dated 13may
No questionnaire
No home visit

JOJO, great news.

One question...how do you inform the HO of any changes such as employment status for instance?

Tx!
Thanks mileman

I sent them a letter to the address in liverpool
Home Office
PO Box 306
Liverpool
L2 oQN

Stating clearly our reference number
The reason why I was changing my job
And some pics

rfgranlund
Newly Registered

Post by rfgranlund » Tue May 19, 2015 9:03 pm

Mileman wrote:

Response times?

As always,
Good luck to all!
I am too in the understanding that as long as your passport is at the HO for at least 10 days you can request back.

Mine took a bit under two weeks to arrive...I DID NOT complete the field where you ask for it urgently, because it wasn´t super urgent, not sure if you completed that field or not.
Thanks for the feedback. After all, the docs were waiting for me this afternoon. Actually I noticed a parcel was being held for us at our estate office. (The courier had just dropped off my passport and my wife's Portuguese ID with the estate security guard :? !!!) Not nice, but all's well that end's well, I guess. Letter inside with the docs was dated 13 May (leading me to believe they were just sitting there in my building for days). Huge sigh of relief, though, regarding my travel and non-refundable plane ticket.

Overall, it bodes well for anyone with urgent need for their passport. Means I got mine back on the 8th working day after using the online Return of Documents form. And I used the online form only 4 days after the date on my HO Acknowledgement Letter. All told the passport was put back in the post exactly 20 days after I sent in my application.

Updated timeline in the signature...

February2015 COA
Newly Registered

Post by February2015 COA » Tue May 19, 2015 9:17 pm

snelgrove wrote:Hi there

I just have a quick question and wonder if anyone has been in the same situation as me.

I am from New Zealand and here on a Youth Mobility Scheme Visa which expires on 08/08/15 - my partner is also from New Zealand but he holds an Irish passport. We have been together since 2012 and have proof of this which we have submitted in our application.

We sent the application on the 26/01/2015
Received confirmation of application arrival on the 28/01/2015 from the home office and again the same letter on 03/02/2015
We requested our passports back due to my partners grandmother becoming terminally ill back in New Zealand and needing to travel, these arrived on the 17/02/15

I have not received a "COA" is this because I currently have a working visa and am able to work for now?

Now we are waiting to hear something - I am wondering if anyone has been in this situation before? I can see that on average most people wait around 3 months for their application to be approved. We are heading past that three month point now and just wondering if it's worth contacting the home office to see what's going on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Hi Snelgrove,

It looks like my situation is very similar to yours. I'm also on a YMS visa however I did receive a COA. I would suggest you try and follow up where the COA has got to. I know some people on the forum say that your time starts from the date of the COA, and some say its from the initial application acknowledgement.

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Wed May 20, 2015 8:37 am

jojoedel wrote:
Mileman wrote:
Applied 12jan
Coa 23jan
Rc 19may dated 13may
No questionnaire
No home visit

JOJO, great news.

Tx!
Thanks mileman

I sent them a letter to the address in liverpool
Home Office
PO Box 306
Liverpool
L2 oQN

Stating clearly our reference number
The reason why I was changing my job
And some pics
Great stuff, thanks JOJO and congrats again!

Boris89

Post by Boris89 » Wed May 20, 2015 12:01 pm

whale wrote:@Boris89.. inbox me ur mobile digit.
hi whale,

please check your inbox, I sent you private Spammy Spammer

best regards
boris

DashaZh
Newly Registered

Post by DashaZh » Wed May 20, 2015 12:47 pm

inna.p wrote:I'm sure it is!
Let us know tomorrow!

I hope mine is on the way as well. :)
DashaZh wrote:
OMG guys, I just came home, its 2pm. I see this Royal Mail notice "Sorry we missed you...Special Delivery". And their office works only till 2 pm!!!!!!
I won't be able to sleep!!!
This is it!
I applied in mid-January. No phone calls, no visits...
Everything was very clear in the application. We are married. He is Dutch and I am Russian. Both studied here.
DO you think I got it?

Hi Inna! :mrgreen:
I got it! So happy!

I am sure yours is on its way :D

DashaZh
Newly Registered

Post by DashaZh » Wed May 20, 2015 12:57 pm

This is gonna be my last post here! :)

I just wanted to give some details of my experience. Though, there is not much to say.
I am Russian. My husband is Dutch. We both studied here and got married after graduation in London.
I applied for RC when my Tier 4 was still valid.
No solicitors. I did everything myself.

My timeline:
Application sent - 13/01/2015
Confirmation - 14/01/2015
COA - 23/01/2015 (with a right to work)
RC - 15/05/2015 (dated 8/05/2015)

No phone calls, no interviews, no home visits.

Everything I sent was original. Here is the list:
Application
My passport
My husband's passport
His job contract
His payslips
My UK Master's Degree
My payslips
Bank statement of both of us (we have separates)
Marriage Certificate
Three pictures (from wedding and when we just started dating)

That's it.

Everything came in a Special Delivery envelope that I put together with my application.
RC is in my passport.

Good luck everyone! :D

Elainezong
Newly Registered

Post by Elainezong » Wed May 20, 2015 2:22 pm

DashaZh wrote:This is gonna be my last post here! :)

I just wanted to give some details of my experience. Though, there is not much to say.
I am Russian. My husband is Dutch. We both studied here and got married after graduation in London.

My timeline:

Application
My passport
My husband's passport
His job contract
His payslips
My UK Master's Degree
My payslips
Marriage Certificate

That's it.

Everything came in a Special Delivery envelope that I put together with my application.
RC is in my passport.

Congratulations! I applied on 21/1/2015, seems I might get RC by the end of the month? Your update really cheer me up! Wish we all have very good luck like yours. :D

D2011
Newly Registered

Post by D2011 » Wed May 20, 2015 2:55 pm

Hi!!!
We applied 16/01/2014 EEA1(my husban and my son) and EEA2(for me)
COA recived 26/01/2014
Waiting Rc ... :roll:
Last edited by D2011 on Wed May 20, 2015 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

inna.p

Post by inna.p » Wed May 20, 2015 2:55 pm

Thanks for sharing, Dasha!
Congratulations.

You give me hope :) Mine is from the 19th Jan
DashaZh wrote:This is gonna be my last post here! :)

My timeline:

Application
My passport
My husband's passport
His job contract
His payslips
My UK Master's Degree
My payslips
Marriage Certificate

That's it.

RC is in my passport.

jenangeles
United States of America

Post by jenangeles » Wed May 20, 2015 3:51 pm

inna.p wrote:Thanks for sharing, Dasha!
Congratulations.

I was hoping you were posting to say you had received your RC inna.p since I applied the same day as you... :-) I tried calling today and they said mine was still "under process" - these last few weeks have been killer with all the waiting and seeing everyone else get theirs.

Elainezong
Newly Registered

Post by Elainezong » Wed May 20, 2015 4:59 pm

jenangeles wrote:
inna.p wrote:Thanks for sharing, Dasha!
Congratulations.

I was hoping you were posting to say you had received your RC inna.p since I applied the same day as you... :-) I tried calling today and they said mine was still "under process" - these last few weeks have been killer with all the waiting and seeing everyone else get theirs.
Hi Jenangeles,

Thanks for sharing your timeline with us. Is it possible to know which phone number you have dialed to HO? You know, just in case we want to ask the progress as you did. Thanks a lot!

jenangeles
United States of America

Post by jenangeles » Wed May 20, 2015 5:33 pm

Sure, the number is 0300 123 2253 but the woman I spoke to today wasn't happy to talk to me about my case status. She said normally they don't give that information out over the phone.

Elainezong
Newly Registered

Post by Elainezong » Wed May 20, 2015 7:03 pm

jenangeles wrote:Sure, the number is 0300 123 2253 but the woman I spoke to today wasn't happy to talk to me about my case status. She said normally they don't give that information out over the phone.
Noted, thank you very much, let's keep updated to each other regarding the progress! :)

rajib4u

Post by rajib4u » Thu May 21, 2015 11:48 am

My Timeline
Applied EEA -- 7th Feb 2015
COA with work permit -- 15th Feb 2015
RC -- waiting Anyone with similar timeline should please share... I am expecting to get by mid of june?

gdevkota

Post by gdevkota » Thu May 21, 2015 12:48 pm

hi all,
here iz my timeline-
- 24 march applied( married 5 years ago, 1 child. came in uk with FP)
-coa dated 30 march with right to work
Rc- expecting on mid of july.

Iz anyone with same timelines?
thx.