ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

criminal history problem

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

heyheyheyguys

criminal history problem

Post by heyheyheyguys » Tue May 19, 2015 10:21 am

Hi,

My friend who was on Tier 2 had filed a domestic violence case against her husband and subsequently he was arrested. Then the charges were dropped and she went to her home country. They have now reconciled and want to be together again. My question is now will she be denied a spouse visa because of the police report, or does the UKVI not have access to those records if the charges are dropped?

Rayking

Re: criminal history problem

Post by Rayking » Tue May 19, 2015 11:10 am

heyheyheyguys wrote:Hi,

My friend who was on Tier 2 had filed a domestic violence case against her husband and subsequently he was arrested. Then the charges were dropped and she went to her home country. They have now reconciled and want to be together again. My question is now will she be denied a spouse visa because of the police report, or does the UKVI not have access to those records if the charges are dropped?
I don't think that should be denied provided you're not trying to fool them, explain what happened and let them decide. If you try to conceal the information and unfortunately for you, they have access to it, that's a refusal. Just be honest and you'll be fine.

heyheyheyguys

Post by heyheyheyguys » Tue May 19, 2015 11:30 am

Thanks Rayking. But the form didn't ask that, so they didn't mention it. Will that lead to a refusal?

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Tue May 19, 2015 11:36 am

heyheyheyguys wrote:Thanks Rayking. But the form didn't ask that, so they didn't mention it. Will that lead to a refusal?
But if the form hasn't asked you about any previous crime or an arrest, why do you worry yourself about what they haven't requested? My point is, answer questions base on what they ask, never try to conceal information.

agupta77
Newly Registered

Post by agupta77 » Wed May 20, 2015 6:00 am

Hello Hey3Guys,

You can make a disclosure statement on the last page for vaf4a or appendix 2. I would suggest that you be prepared for an interview if the application is not straightforward. Any evidence you have should have been already attached to the application because if you need to appeal then it will be based on the evidence already submitted. Any misrepresentation you do will lead to a rejection so add disclosure statements and keep your fingers crossed.

heyheyheyguys

Post by heyheyheyguys » Wed May 20, 2015 8:18 am

Thanks. Do they check only the applicant's crime record or is the sponsor's also considered?

heyheyheyguys

Post by heyheyheyguys » Wed May 20, 2015 8:49 am

Thanks. but if the applicant isn't at fault, and the sponsor is, should the applicant still be punished by getting denied?