ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can't find stamp on passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sb86

Can't find stamp on passport

Post by sb86 » Tue May 19, 2015 12:50 am

Dear all,

Another favour to ask! I was wondering whether anyone had a similar experience. My husband and I are filling the British citizenship application. When he filled the residential requirements, there is one stamp that he couldn't find in his passport for his return from a trip to the UK. We still put it in the form as he travelled then and came back via gatwick. We just can't find the stamp on his passport.

Will that cause any trouble? Any experiences?

Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Can't find stamp on passport

Post by secret.simon » Tue May 19, 2015 10:27 am

I presume that he is a non-EEA citizen. EEA passports are of course never stamped within the EEA.

Till April 2015, the UK did not have exit checks and hence there would be no exit stamps from any UK airport. But he should have an entry stamp at the airport that he landed at. Does he have that?

sb86

Post by sb86 » Tue May 19, 2015 12:11 pm

Hi... Thanks for ur reply.

We are looking for the entry stamp to the UK and can't find it in the passport which is strange!
My husband knows the date he came back just can't find the stamp for some reason?!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 19, 2015 12:19 pm

Put the date in the form. HO has records to check.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sb86

Post by sb86 » Tue May 19, 2015 12:55 pm

Cool I will do that! Thank you!!!