ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa and Documents Help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

claraluh
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa and Documents Help

Post by claraluh » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:55 am

Hi There, I am permanently resident in the UK under EEA Regulations. I got my visa from my mother and stepfather, now I obtained the PR and got married. How should I apply for a visa for my spouse? I thought I had to use the UK route or settled person in UK route, but I saw in another topic that I can apply under EEA Regulations is that right?
Please every help will be much appreciated, I already have all documentation needed and we are planing to apply next month but the UK visa fees and Solicitors fees are too high and my partner is not working.

Many Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Permanently resident in the UK under EEA Regulations Hel

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:00 am

If you are not an EU citizen, then with PR (settled) you need to apply under the UK Immigration rules. Only EU citizens can use the EEA family route. What is your nationality??
but I saw in another topic that I can apply under EEA Regulations is that right?
Which post/topic?
the UK visa fees and Solicitors fees are too high and my partner is not working.
Why are you using a solicitor? If you meet the requirements of the spouse visa and have all the documents, you can do the application yourself or even get free information here on the forum. Do you meet the financial requirement? Has your spouse done have the English A1 test?

You do realise that for a spouse visa there is also the NHS surcharge that has to be paid upfront at the point of application (£200 per year x 33 month visa = £600).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:08 am

I am Brazilian. I Got my PR through my Italian Step-father.

Sorry, I read the topic through and actually the moderator thought the person obtained PR as an EEA member but actually he obtained through someone else as well.

I meet all the requirements but I am afraid to apply by myself and if something goes wrong I will have to apply all over again and again big fees so I guess I rather pay a solicitor to do it for me. It sounds insane lol and the fees are too high but I fell safer.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:10 am

When I applied for PR I used all the help from this forum, it was REALLY helpful, always has been. But, now the application is a bit more strict under UK rules.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:14 am

UK Immigrations rules for your spouse then.

Do you earn £18,600 pa??

Where is your spouse applying from (nationality/country)?

It is up to you to use a solicitor but it still does not guarantee visa approval and if something is not quite right can still result in a refusal even with the ridiculous fees solicitors charge.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Employment Letter

Post by claraluh » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:18 am

Hi There, Does anybody have a sample of an employment letter??
I am going to ask my employer to make me one, as my contract is quite old and hasn't been updated and I wanted to know the main points that should be in the letter.

Many Thanks Everyone!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa and Documents Help

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:22 am

The letter should be on a company letterhead and list your personal details, your job title, brief job description, annual salary, when you started work there etc. Basically a brief summary of the employment contract.

I have merged your topics and changed the heading. It is not necessary to start a new thread with each question you have, it creates confusion when people give advice.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/announ ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:46 am

Sorry About the multiple topics and Thanks a lot for all the help.

My Salary + Commissions meets the required amount, last business year I got around 20k in total. My main Salary doesn't reach the 18600 but with the commissions it exceeds, so I am also asking my employer to write down all these details.

My Partner is applying from Belgium.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:49 am

I Think I have another question, if you may help me?

I just renewed my tenancy agreement, The Landlord accepted to do it in both mine and my partner's name. The Council tax is also in both our names. My Flat has 2 rooms and my mom is also living with us, but her name is not on the contract neither on the council tax, can I still put in the application she is living with us, as it leaves less expenses under my responsibility.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:08 am

Your employment letter MUST include the following;

(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied
upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

In regards to your mother you can just state that she lives with you and provide evidence that the property is big enough for you all.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:18 am

What is the nationality of your spouse?

Is your spouse usually resident in Belgium and if so on what visa?

Not sure about commission towards financial requirement and how it would be calculated. Perhaps one of the other mods could respond on this issue.

Accommodation should be ok.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:19 am

My Spouse has a Permanent Residence in Belgium That's why we are applying from there rather then going all the way to Brazil.

claraluh
United Kingdom

Post by claraluh » Mon May 18, 2015 4:31 pm

Hello Again!

We are sending my partner's application by the end of this week, I am sending my payslips, bank statements and letter from employer regarding my income. Do I also have to send my P60?? Is it a MUST? Because I haven't received it, my manager just told me I will only receive it by the end of the month, probably around the 30th with my payslips and my partner is going back to Belgium this week to apply from there.

Many Thanks

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue May 19, 2015 12:56 pm

It's helpful to include it but it isn't an essential document. Just state that you have yet to receive it.