ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stages in British Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sanky_001

Stages in British Naturalisation Application Process

Post by sanky_001 » Tue May 19, 2015 1:10 pm

Dear All,

Does anyone happen to know the different stages in processing our BC application?

I have looked everywhere but I can find the exact answer.

We know fees are taken first and then a case is created in the system and assigned to a nationality caseworker for decision making. So at what point does UKVI do checks?

If the fees are taken only after 3 weeks, does it mean the checks have been completed ?

Well a lot of us having been waiting weeks after the acknowledgment has been received and if the checks have been done, I don't see a point why they will take a long time to decide.

On the flipside, if they only initiate the checks after the fee is taken, the wait after we receive acknowledgment letter is justifiable. But what happens to our applications the moment they are received until the fee is taken?

I hope you see my point.

Any inputs would be really helpful. Cheers!

Thanks and regards,
Sanky
Last edited by sanky_001 on Tue May 19, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Stages in British Naturalisation Application Process

Post by CR001 » Tue May 19, 2015 1:12 pm

The process of checks etc is only done once allocated to a caseworker AFTER the fee is taken.

As we don't work for HO, it is vague on what happens but there are many checks that they do across different areas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sanky_001

Re: Stages in British Naturalisation Application Process

Post by sanky_001 » Fri May 29, 2015 3:37 am

Found this in the March 2015 Naturalisation Timeline.

Process according to Ian Page (Deputy Chief Caseworker)

(i) Envelope opened and fee taken to account. Contents of envelope place in a pouch.

(ii) Application file is created. Database record created specific to the application.

(iii) Security checks conducted - some of which are directly against the information entered onto the database, others are with external agencies.

(iv) Case goes into queue awaiting consideration by a caseworker. Queue is in date-of-receipt order.

(v) Case is allocated to a caseworker for consideration. If everything is in order the application is approved. If not, deficiencies are rectified - e.g. by writing to applicant for further documents or by clarifying immigration history from records or clarifying security checks.

(vi) The system generates a certificate for the applicant which is printed off and despatched.

Hope it helps!