ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification about ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mmk622
Newly Registered

Clarification about ILR

Post by mmk622 » Tue May 19, 2015 3:05 pm

Hi,

I have been in UK from past 4.5 years (Arrived in UK with Tier-2 Established staff visa on 10-Jan-2011).
Since then I have been working with a client through a Indian company which sponsered my visa.

For the first time, my visa was Tier-2 Established staff for 1 year, later after renewing in UK , I was granted Tier-2 ICT Long term visa.
I have renewed my visa thrice in UK only.

Am I eligible for applying ILR after completing 5 years on 10-Jan-2016 ?
Is it mandatory to get a letter from current employer to prove that I am working with them ?
What is SOC ?
I heard that we can submit the documents manually in Birmigham and once UKBA is happy, we can pay the ILR free at counter. Is it true ?

Please clarify.

Thanks in Advance

rukmesh
United Kingdom

Re: Clarification about ILR

Post by rukmesh » Tue May 19, 2015 3:27 pm

Tier 2 ICT staff after April 6 2010, are not eligible for ILR. Seniors would like to correct me if I am wrong ?

Since you have come after April 6,2010 you would not be eligible.

Good luck

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue May 19, 2015 3:29 pm

You are likely not eligible to apply for ILR. Tier 2 ICT holders have been ineligible to get ILR since 2010.

The requirements for Tier 2 ICT are given under Paragraph 245GF of the Immigration Rules. Do a search for "245GF" within the document.

mmk622
Newly Registered

Post by mmk622 » Tue May 19, 2015 3:57 pm

Rukmesh and Simon, Thanks a lot for the clarification.

Was thinking I can get ILR. Your replies made things clear.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue May 19, 2015 11:07 pm

You may want to look at the Tier 2 forum and see if you can move from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General. You will need to do five years of Tier 2 General under current rules to get ILR.

Be aware that rules may be tightened yet further. So do research rules thoroughly before progressing matters.