ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

August 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sonnyboy8011

Re: August 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by Sonnyboy8011 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:34 pm

tinuola77 wrote:Hello All,

Today I send my son application while mine is still under consideration as I called HO last week to ask if I can still send the old form the guy I spoke too said yes that it valid for 21days from the date that it was issue. My application is now 8months as I said earlier that my application is not straight forward and have been seeing people coming out with approval even though they have service their community service.

Can someone tell me any option/ if mine application is not going to affect my son application or what will be the next step. :oops:

Would they treat them together as mine application is 8month old now or separate? :mrgreen:

Any relax opinions will be great appreciate. :roll:

Thank u all. :mrgreen:

Hi.dont worry about ur son application as it get treated diffrent way and not gone affected because of ur community service the new applicants who sent thier application after October 2014 get faster approval ,my application is 8 months in someone desk and collect dust same as u,it's not about this crb checks..I don't have any record but still Days,weeks and months counting after 8 months,who knw maybe even a year come and still I be in the same spot..lol

tinuola77
Newly Registered

Post by tinuola77 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:51 pm

Hi everyone,

Wonder shall never end in this England :D . This is more than happier for me today as what's so call "Famous" brown envelope came today. I couldn't believe what my eye see, exactly 8 month after waiting! Waiting!! Waiting!!! And finally come to pass.
Another waiting list is this Monday gone I put in application for my son but I don't know how long MN1 application for kid is going to take as anyone know? I m not pretty sure if is going to take long like mine or not as myself application was approved on the following date below

Application apply date.....07/08/2014
Acknowledgement.....15/08/2014
Approval received today .....02/04/2015.......dated 27/03/2015.
Ceremony book.......09/04/2015

I m really really send a BIG thanks for everyone that support me in this forum, this timeline/forum is really helpful and I wish all waiting list that your turn is approaching inshallahu it shall be your turn next.

I m not going yet am still on the forum because my son application is still on going.

chetadi
Newly Registered

Post by chetadi » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:43 pm

Hi Everyone. Wanted to share my good news with all of you. I have been a silent member of the group reading all the messages over the last 8 months. I received the brown envelope today approving my British Citizenship exactly after 8 months of applying for it.

Eligibility criteria: 5 Yrs + 3 Yr ILR
Language criteria met: IELTS from 2004
Method of application: NCS (Sheffield)
Date of application: 12-08-2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 13-08-2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 18-08-2014
Date of acknowledgment: 19-08-2014
Date of approval: 30-03-2015
Date approval received: 09-04-2015 - After 8 months of waiting!!!!!
Date of ceremony: 22-04-2015 - booked

I did send an email 16 days ago to furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk as advised by the customer relations guy I spoke to over the phone on the number given for enquiries. Acknowledgement email was sent same day advising that it will take 20 working days to look into my application ( I received the approval on 16th day). I will strongly encourage everybody in the forum waiting for more than 6 months to send an email to the above address and hope for the best. I did write to my local MP but never received any reply. I did not receive any letter from home office advising me about the delay and it can take another 3-6 months blah blah..

Goodluck for everybody waiting and a BIG thanks for all the active members who have kept me sane for all this time - (Let me tell you waiting for 8 months is no fun!!!!!)

1unicorn
Newly Registered

Post by 1unicorn » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:39 pm

1unicorn wrote:I have applied in August 2014. In Feb as soon as i reach 6 months i called HO twice. Each time they were saying its under consideration. it should be soon blah blah blah. I have also received the 3 - 6 months letter in Feb.

Yesterday I have received a reply from my MP, the replying letter from HO said something about the regular 11 Dec scrutiny checks.. you know all these BS. And at the end of the letter it says my case has NOT even been assigned to a caseworker yet. This is after 7 months waiting.

Its frustrating to see applicants who applied in Jan and Feb has already received theirs and my case hasnt even been looked.... HO seriously has some issues and the least they can do is to process the applications in a timely order... I am pissed!

Hi all, just wanted to update and share the good news. After complaint to HO, i finally received an email today confirming they have approved my application on 7 April and I should receive an invitation to ceremony soon. This is almost 8 months. I applied on 13 August and they received it on 14 August.

Here is what i did after last time's update:
i wrote to Further Enquiries again, asking why is my case not assigned to caseworker after 7months.
I then emailed the same one to complaints, basically addressing that all the excuses.e.g. further checks, 11 Dec rule change etc are not acceptable because my case hasnt had the first check after months.
At the same time, I emailed 'what do they know' questioning why they dont proceed applications in a timely order, given we all pay equal amount of fees.

The replies I had from further enquires stating: they can assume my case is on going now. which is at the end of March.
Complaints emailed me this afternoon, told me the good news.
I also called HO on 26 March, been told they have moved to New Castle, no information can be provided however will call me back in 48 hours. I did received a phone call the next morning stating my case is at final stage.
I havent received a reply from 'what do they know' but according to them, a response has to be provided within 20 working days so we shall see. but i am not too bothered now anyway.

It is not a easy process and yes, a lot of times it doesnt work. But i would still suggest everyone to try their best and dont give up. Because one way or another they will get back to you.

Good luck everyone and I hope you get your decision soon :)

Lead123

Post by Lead123 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:19 pm

HI All, This site is really helpful

Hi first 2013 and ILR13

My situation is similar to you. I have applied in August-2014 and received a 3 to 6 months letter in Feb-2015 stating that to wait for another 3 to 6 months after one month in March I received another letter asking to send my original passport. I have send my orginal passport on 10th April and I did not get any response yet.

first2013 Can you please let me know the updates, did you hear back from them, did they send your passport?
I got some hope after seeing ILR13 message.

first2013 wrote:
ILR13 wrote:
first2013 wrote:Hello everyone, here is a little update from me, non eea family member apply for nationalit 5+1year with all prove of working without a permanent residence in august 2014, so in February 2015 I receive a 3 to 6 months letter asking me to whait for another 3 to 6 months; after that I receive another letter again this morning asking for my original passport to be send to them as soon as possible, my question now is that has anyone else experience this before because I added all my passport page's fotocopes with my application ur suggestions will be highly appreciated Thanks
If they asked for the passport, do send it quickly and through special delivery. Please do enclose a cover letter as well. Don't forget to enclose a return self addressed special delivery envelope and keep its tracking number as well. Hope you will have your approval soon. They might have sent you a brown envelope had an address and a reference number on it. If so please use that envelope to send it via special delivery as it will go straight to the case worker. They have asked for our passport as well and then we got approval in 2 weeks.
The reference on the envelope is your actual application reference and will be the same on your approval letter. Hope it helps.

Good luck and best wishes. :D

@ILR13 thanks for your reply, yes it was a brown envelope but I didn't add any letter jst my passport with a return special delivery envelope because my solicitor told me to send jst only my passport, thanks very much once again i think now I have a bit of hope.

first2013
United Kingdom

Post by first2013 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:41 pm

@lead123 am still waiting since hopefully we will get soon :D :D
Journey of thousands of miles begins with a single step

M2015
Newly Registered

Post by M2015 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:56 pm

Hi all i been follow the forum for while in silence and today I do like to share my experience

Eligibility criteria: EEA 6 years
Language criteria met : Trinity B1 test
Method of application: Solicitor
Date of application:3/8/14
Date of receipt by UKBA: 5/8/14
Date of acknowledgment: 29/08/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 29/08/14
3-6 months letter : 03/02/15
Date approval received: 23/04/15 ( dated 20/04/15)
Date of ceremony: to be booked

first2013
United Kingdom

Post by first2013 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:23 am

M2015 wrote:Hi all i been follow the forum for while in silence and today I do like to share my experience

Eligibility criteria: EEA 6 years
Language criteria met : Trinity B1 test
Method of application: Solicitor
Date of application:3/8/14
Date of receipt by UKBA: 5/8/14
Date of acknowledgment: 29/08/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 29/08/14
3-6 months letter : 03/02/15
Date approval received: 23/04/15 ( dated 20/04/15)
Date of ceremony: to be booked

Congratulation mate another good news from August applicant

Lead123

Re: August 2014 - Asking for original documents again

Post by Lead123 » Fri May 01, 2015 1:30 pm

Hi
Today I received my passport and along with a home office letter asking for my original documents again. Please see below about letter.

I refer your application for British citizenship.Before we can proceed further please send
-All of the following original documents originally supplied to national checking service in support of your nationality application.
These documents are required in order to demonstrate to the secretary of state that you satisfy the requirements for naturalisation ,specifically that you meet the residence requirements for naturalisation.
They were asked me for my original passports in last month and I have posted them and today they send my passport and letter asking for documents.
-Do I need to send my passport again
-I don't have any gaps in my immigration and I applied on 5yrs tier1+1yr ILR
-No criminal record or points
I am very upset and worried about this. That would be really helpful If any one give an advise or idea about my issue.
Thank you

Lead123

Post by Lead123 » Fri May 01, 2015 1:31 pm

first2013 wrote:@lead123 am still waiting since hopefully we will get soon :D :D

Hi

Today I received my passport and along with a home office letter asking for my original documents again. Please see below about letter.

I refer your application for British citizenship.Before we can proceed further please send
-All of the following original documents originally supplied to national checking service in support of your nationality application.
These documents are required in order to demonstrate to the secretary of state that you satisfy the requirements for naturalisation ,specifically that you meet the residence requirements for naturalisation.
They were asked me for my original passports in last month and I have posted them and today they send my passport and letter asking for documents.
I am very upset and worried about this. That would be really helpful If any one give an advise or idea about my issue.
Thank you

first2013
United Kingdom

Post by first2013 » Fri May 01, 2015 2:11 pm

Lead123 wrote:
first2013 wrote:@lead123 am still waiting since hopefully we will get soon :D :D

Hi

Thank you

Did you make a return Request fo ur passport if not, try to contact ur casewoker and ask for explaination before anything else because I personally think that is an error letter

Lead123

Post by Lead123 » Fri May 01, 2015 2:33 pm

first2013 wrote:
Lead123 wrote:

Hi

Thank you

Did you make a return Request fo ur passport if not, try to contact ur casewoker and ask for explaination before anything else because I personally think that is an error letter
No, I did not make any return request.

foufou

Post by foufou » Sat May 02, 2015 1:28 am

Lead123 wrote:

Hi

Thank you

hi mate , what I can understand about your case that the home office lost your papers , and they want u to send them again , so don't worry it's happened very often , but the home office don't want to admit it , just send them again and u will get your approval in couple weeks , good luck

Lead123

Post by Lead123 » Tue May 05, 2015 9:31 am

foufou wrote:
Lead123 wrote:

Hi

Thank you

hi mate , what I can understand about your case that the home office lost your papers , and they want u to send them again , so don't worry it's happened very often , but the home office don't want to admit it , just send them again and u will get your approval in couple weeks , good luck

Hi foufou
Happy to see your reply, Thank you.

mykarl123
Newly Registered

Post by mykarl123 » Tue May 05, 2015 11:31 pm

To lead123. I have read your post in awe. There is nothing you can do other than post all your original documents that you showed at the n.c.s. This beats the purpose of the n.c.s other than a loss of more money. Am in the same shoes. They asked for my travel documents and I send them a month today and I have heard nothing since. Keep the faith I hope after you send your docs you will get your approval. And yes it is worrying after seeing so many people in similar circumstances receiving their approvals though every case is different. I been waiting since July 4th by the way. Good kuck

Lead123

Post by Lead123 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:17 pm

Hi mykarl123

Thank you for your post. I have posted my documents and looking forward to hear from them.

Lead123

Post by Lead123 » Tue May 19, 2015 3:13 pm

Hi All
My application has been successful.
Today I received a letter along with my original certificates. I am waiting for letter of invitation.
Thank you for your great support.

first2013
United Kingdom

Post by first2013 » Tue May 19, 2015 4:26 pm

Lead123 wrote:Hi All
Today I received a letter along with my original certificates. I am waiting for letter of invitation.

Congratulation good news after all, did they return ur passport with the approver letter together, (2) when was the issue date on the approver if u dont mind thanks

rashkacade
Newly Registered

Post by rashkacade » Tue May 19, 2015 9:29 pm

HI ALL,
I AM STILL WAITING MY APPLICATION SINCE AUGUST 2014 TILL, I HOPE ME AND MY LOVELY FRIENDS WILL GET Approval SOON.

foufou

Post by foufou » Tue May 19, 2015 10:55 pm

hi , congratulation mate ,is your application was strait forward ?

Sonnyboy8011

Post by Sonnyboy8011 » Wed May 20, 2015 2:20 pm

[quote="Sonnyboy8011"]Eligibility criteria: ILR+1YEAR
Method of application:BY SELF
Date of application: 13/08/2014
Received Date : 14/08/2014
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of Payment: 20/08/2014
Date of acknowledgement:30/08/2014
Approval : 20/05/2015 ( date of approval on letter:19/05/2015)
Date of ceremony:TBA

hi guys,after almost 10 months today i received the approval,the weird thing is the envelope i sent them for receiving the outcome was stamped first class just and the post office cashier somehow didnt made it record delivery,i didnt noticed that day coz i bought few bits like first class stamp( 6 pc) and now after looking at the receipt i seen she just charged me for first class and more surprising it arrived in 1 day from sent time with simple first class stamp for under a pound price...i wish you all whos still waiting a very good luck and i feel ur pain,we give each other a comfort here to stay strong..thank u all...may the good karma be on ur side...

Lead123

Post by Lead123 » Wed May 20, 2015 3:00 pm

first2013 wrote:

Congratulation good news after all, did they return ur passport with the approver letter together, (2) when was the issue date on the approver if u dont mind thanks
Hi first2013
Thank you, yeah i was waiting for more than 9 months. How ever finally we heard the good news. Actually they sent my passport and masters certificate along with a letter stating that my application has been successful. Also they mentioned that they will send letter of invitation (i think that is the approval letter) for ceremony.

Lead123

Post by Lead123 » Wed May 20, 2015 3:02 pm

foufou wrote:
hi , congratulation mate ,is your application was strait forward ?
Hi foufou

Thank you, my application is 5yrs tier1 + 1yr ILR

Lead123

Post by Lead123 » Wed May 20, 2015 3:06 pm

Hi All

Once again thank you for you great support.
Thank you first 2013 , foufou and mykarl123.

I wish all of our friends who are waiting from long time, soon you get a good news on your application.

first2013
United Kingdom

Post by first2013 » Wed May 20, 2015 6:08 pm

Lead123 wrote:
first2013 wrote:

Hi first2013
Thank you, yeah i was waiting for more than 9 months. How ever finally we heard the good news. Actually they sent my passport and masters certificate along with a letter stating that my application has been successful. Also they mentioned that they will send letter of invitation (i think that is the approval letter) for ceremony.

Thats good go and enjoy urself ur wait is over, i hope i will get my aprover soon jst like you