ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - UK absences Employer letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leeloy88

Urgent - UK absences Employer letter

Post by leeloy88 » Tue May 19, 2015 1:16 pm

I'm on tiet 2 general and will be applying in a week so don't have much time.

Is it required to provide a letter from employer to confirm my holiday allowance and business travel ON TOP of the letter to confirm my salary, continued employment? All my absences were<180 days a year in 5 years.

The solicitor who is doing my application (appointed by my company, I would rather do it myself tbh) is saying I don't need it. But I rmb clearly that somewhere on this forum someone say you need it when applying as Tier2G. Please please please help me and point to where it says officially from Home Office/UKIV that you need it, so I can prove it to the solicitor.

argus7
Wales

Re: Urgent - UK absences Employer letter

Post by argus7 » Tue May 19, 2015 1:27 pm

leeloy88 wrote:I'm on tiet 2 general and will be applying in a week so don't have much time.

Is it required to provide a letter from employer to confirm my holiday allowance and business travel ON TOP of the letter to confirm my salary, continued employment? All my absences were<180 days a year in 5 years.

The solicitor who is doing my application (appointed by my company, I would rather do it myself tbh) is saying I don't need it. But I rmb clearly that somewhere on this forum someone say you need it when applying as Tier2G. Please please please help me and point to where it says officially from Home Office/UKIV that you need it, so I can prove it to the solicitor.
If your leave was over 30 days then you need a letter. See the ILR continuous residency guide , its well explained there

rajendrasingh1
Newly Registered

Post by rajendrasingh1 » Tue May 19, 2015 7:59 pm

Since you are on Tier 2 G visa I would strongly recommend get the letter from your employer. I don't see why your employer won't provide you this letter. It is better to give the letter and play safe than be sorry.

leeloy88

Post by leeloy88 » Tue May 19, 2015 11:56 pm

rajendrasingh1 wrote:Since you are on Tier 2 G visa I would strongly recommend get the letter from your employer. I don't see why your employer won't provide you this letter. It is better to give the letter and play safe than be sorry.
What exactly need to be mentioned in the letter can you please advise? The solicitor said that they will obtain 1 standard letter from employer to confirm my employment and salary, and in this letter there will be a sentence saying that all my absences are in line with the employment. Is this sentence enough??

What frustrates me is, the solicitor who does all visa application for employees in my company insist that I don't need any other letter and that they do for many people and its standard. Drive me mad.