ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier ICT to General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gaurav_sngl
Newly Registered

Tier ICT to General

Post by gaurav_sngl » Tue May 19, 2015 4:50 pm

Hi,

i have a doubt on rule 245HF - Requirements for indefinite leave to remain.

i am changing my Visa from Tier 2 ICT to T2 General. i have Tier 2 ICT visa issued before april 2010 rules.

As per 245HF -

The applicant must have spent a continuous period of 5 years lawfully in the UK, of which
the most recent period must have been spent with leave as a Tier 2 Migrant, in any
combination of the following categories:
(ix) as a Tier 2 (General) Migrant, a Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) Migrant or a Tier 2
(Sportsperson) Migrant, or
(x) as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant, provided the continuous period of 5
years spent lawfully in the UK includes a period of leave as:
(1) a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant granted under the Rules in place before
6 April 2010, or
(2) a Qualifying Work Permit Holder, provided that the work permit was granted
because the applicant was the subject of an Intra-Company Transfer.

Is it correct that my stay in UK spent as part of T2 ICT and T2 general would be counted together towards ILR since my ICT visa was issues before april 2010?

Thanks & Regards
Gaurav

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier ICT to General

Post by manci » Tue May 19, 2015 6:09 pm

gaurav_sngl wrote: Is it correct that my stay in UK spent as part of T2 ICT and T2 general would be counted together towards ILR since my ICT visa was issues before april 2010?

yes, but make sure your new T2G sponsor will be prepared to help.

Can't you apply for ILR now while you are still on T2 ICT? (depends on employer's cooperation)

Thanks & Regards
Gaurav

gaurav_sngl
Newly Registered

Re: Tier ICT to General

Post by gaurav_sngl » Wed May 20, 2015 1:18 am

Thank you Manci. I am yet to complete continous 5 years stay as part of Tier 2 ICT, few months left. i am getting a good opportunity and need to change tier 2 General. hopefully new employer will co-operate.