ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for FLRM Kids born Abroad

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilrholder79
Newly Registered

ILR for FLRM Kids born Abroad

Post by ilrholder79 » Mon May 18, 2015 5:09 pm

Afternoon

Can you kindly advise me on below scenario please?

I received ILR on 10 years route and have applied for naturalization pending outcome.
My problem is my wife and kids are age 7 and 6 born out side the country hold FLRM for 2 years received prior to 2014 April rule change.

Their FLR M runs out in Feb next year however my wife really struggling with Life in the UK Test & B1 Test and have started college to study a course for an year before she can sit in exam again.

I want to apply for my Kids ILR And not to extend their leave given the scenario above but i am getting conflicting advise and need seniors to advise if i can apply for their ILR on basis that i HOLD ILR and they are need required to Meet KOLL Requirement?

any advise will be much appreciated
Kind Regards

ilrholder79
Newly Registered

Re: ILR for FLRM Kids born Abroad

Post by ilrholder79 » Mon May 18, 2015 6:07 pm

Amber or Vinny or Any senior ops Please advise?

ilrholder79
Newly Registered

Post by ilrholder79 » Wed May 20, 2015 8:18 am

Hi again. Really appreciate if someone could answer pls ?

ilrholder79
Newly Registered

Post by ilrholder79 » Thu May 21, 2015 5:25 pm

Moderatorssssssssssssssss wake up

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu May 21, 2015 6:10 pm

Please consider that moderators give their time freely, often in the middle of a busy working day or when we could be enjoying family time. We moderate...we don't necessarily have the answer to all questions. I don't have an answer for you, but telling moderators to wake up is not likely to get you a prompt response. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

msunmy
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by msunmy » Thu May 21, 2015 8:16 pm

Hi ilrholder79

I'll try but please re-confirm.

Technically, if your kids are qualified for ILR on their own right(ie. have completed their terms), then they don't need to be attached as yr wife's dependant any more Complete their form separately and your wife can continue to extend on FLR(FP) till she is ready.

Cheers.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu May 21, 2015 9:10 pm

msunmy wrote:Hi ilrholder79

I'll try but please re-confirm.

Technically, if your kids are qualified for ILR on their own right(ie. have completed their terms), then they don't need to be attached as yr wife's dependant any more Complete their form separately and your wife can continue to extend on FLR(FP) till she is ready.

Cheers.
Please read the OPs post before answering questions to avoid confusing anyone. His spouse is on FLR(M) not FLR(FP) and needs to extend FLR(M) if necessary.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

msunmy
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by msunmy » Thu May 21, 2015 9:48 pm

Hi moderator,

I'm not confusing anyone and I was only trying to help as i had suggested that he should confirm .

Yes, i know its FLR(M) but I think if for whatever reason she'll not able to extend her FLR(m), she'll be able to use (FP) to push forward till she passes her B1 test and free the kids.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 21, 2015 11:50 pm

I think mother and kids may extend on FLR(M) under A277A(b), 285, 302 until mother is eligible for SET(M) under 288, 299.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ilrholder79
Newly Registered

Post by ilrholder79 » Fri May 22, 2015 12:46 pm

Pls accept Apologise for sounding desperate. They have been in UK since 2008 as my tier 2 dependent. When I applied for their FLRM in person prior to rule changes in April 14. I was told by UKBA staff at Sheffield office that I can apply for kids ILR by filling in SET F separately and mother can apply when she become eligible? Also if they are to extend FLRM I read that they wil be then Under new rules and will have to complete five years on FLRM? Pls advise

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Fri May 22, 2015 2:48 pm

since kids are born outside, they can only apply ilr once both parents have ilr.
IMHO

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri May 22, 2015 2:51 pm

I think that the changes prevents PBS spouses from switching under 285. It doesn't prevent spouses who were already granted leave under 285 from extending (A277A(b)).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.