ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child benefit and documents plus question about EEA2

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukbaby
Newly Registered

Child benefit and documents plus question about EEA2

Post by ukbaby » Wed May 20, 2015 10:58 am

Hi,

I was on EEA2 and recently got ILR.
I would like apply for child benefit for my 2 children. One is 3 yrs old and another is 3 month old.
Question 1: When I was under EEA2, Were I subject to immigration control? If I claim by ILR, they can not backdated to 3 months because I just recently got it. I also can apply under my EEA partner, but do not want to have any affect with future his EEA3 and my parent EEA2 application.

Question 2: If 2 children, can I claim for 1 child and my partner apply for another child? I am on maternity leave, not sure if will go back to work. He is self employed. Because we want to protect state pension for both.

QUestion 3: I called HMRC, they told me all the documents need to be original including my passport or BRP...I read some people send photocopy of BRP only, Is that working? I really do not want to send original and can not travel...

Thanks X