ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Your visa application @ Abu Dhabi (Ref:1234567)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Azbill666

Re: Your visa application @ Abu Dhabi (Ref:1234567)

Post by Azbill666 » Tue May 19, 2015 10:10 am

Congratulations Usman
Great

mni
Newly Registered

Post by mni » Tue May 19, 2015 10:56 am

Congratulations Usman

I have a very similar case,

My parents are coming 2nd time if visa granted. Also I missed the call on mobile but the spoke to my wife on home no but only asked for me. same 48 hr promise but never called back.

email was with GWF no only.

I will update further once receive email from Gerry's.

michaelanna7
Newly Registered

Post by michaelanna7 » Tue May 19, 2015 12:50 pm

I got an email yesterday with concluded application and ref no. (1234567)
the posts are little confusing
I need an expert reply -----will it be approved or rejected???

mni
Newly Registered

Post by mni » Tue May 19, 2015 3:04 pm

as far as I understand from all the posts and reading around, the (Ref: xxx) is not a rule to make an assumption about your application. previously when the ref was there people mostly had visa granted. but now as you can see from last post the ref is not there but visa is still granted.

Azbill666

Post by Azbill666 » Wed May 20, 2015 6:48 am

Hi
Can anyone share the contact number for UKVI incase VFS do not contact us in given time line

Azbill666

Post by Azbill666 » Wed May 20, 2015 7:08 am

@us
The number u have contacted for collection of passport

mni
Newly Registered

Post by mni » Wed May 20, 2015 8:22 am

Hi All,

Received email from VFS this morning. i will know the outcome in next few hours.

If you click contactus on Gerry's website then you will be directed to a page on gov.uk. then click call us and you will get the now listed. but it £1.37 per minute. they need you debit or credit card to charge the amount.

mali2011
Newly Registered

Post by mali2011 » Wed May 20, 2015 9:43 am

Hi ya

I applied for family visitor visa. I am a university student here in Pakistan. I wanted to visit my husband during summer vacations for 6 weeks. We applied for visitor visa as I need to complete my degree in Pakistan for next 2 years and therefore we did not apply for Spouse Visa. My husband has indefinite leave in UK and has recently applied for British passport. H is full time employed earning around £50k a year. We could have applied for spouse visa but only that I would be only visiting for 6 weeks during this year and did not apply it. My husband was my sponsor. They have refused my visa on following reason:

I must consider your circumstances in Pakistan based on the info you provided with your application. While you have demonstrated some evidence of funds. Your personal circumstances are not clear. You have declared yourself to be unemployed, with no dependent on you, with no assets of your own. In assessing your ties to Pakistan I consider that these are therefore limited and amount to your enrolment as student only. As a consequence I do not consider that you have demonstrated with the evidence presented that you will leave UK upon completion of your visit. Your husband living in UK giving u significant ties ok the UK. I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor or that you intend to leave UK at the end of the period of the visit you have stated.

I sent my college result card for previous year and the reference letter showing my course date which will end in 2017. We got married in January this year. My husband supports me and we did send my monthly amounts sent by him that he supports me. We did not buy a ticket which could show that I will return but they have stated that we applicants should not be making any plans until visa has been granted. Could you please help me that how can I show that I will return to UK on my visit.

Any advise will be highly appreciated. I am going to apply again but we only have a month as my summer holidays will start at the end of June.

Thank you

ushafiq84
Newly Registered

Post by ushafiq84 » Wed May 20, 2015 11:12 am

@Azbill

The number I contact was 01243217905.

They ask for debit/credit card number to begin the conversation and it cost£1.37 per minute.

They could escalate the matter for you in case if you don't receive any email within reasonable time from VFS global to collect your passport.

I hope above helps.

Thanks
US

ushafiq84
Newly Registered

Post by ushafiq84 » Wed May 20, 2015 11:52 am

@mali

Dear Mali

In my opinion (I am not an expert at all) just add following points in your cover letter when you reapply:

• As stated in refusal letter that I have got sufficient ties in UK as my husband lives there so; I won’t leave UK at the end of the period of the visit. I do agree that I have got sufficient ties to the UK but I am currently studying in Pakistan (mention the degree) and my course will be completed by 2017. I do not want to jeopardise my education career by not returning to the Pakistan after short summer visit. Education is the most important thing in my life and please see enclosed copies of certificates which highlighted my outstanding grades and achievements in entire education career.

• I have not applied for UK spouse visa of a settled person due to the fact that I am currently studying and living in Pakistan to complete my study. I won’t risk my future UK spouse visa application where I can enjoy more rights than being illegally present in UK on expired visit visa. So for that obvious reason I will be returning to Pakistan to complete my study and not to risk any future UK visa application.

• Therefore I would like you to consider above points in deciding my UK visit visa application.

Thanks
US

mali2011
Newly Registered

Post by mali2011 » Wed May 20, 2015 12:48 pm

ushafiq84 wrote:@mali

Dear Mali

In my opinion (I am not an expert at all) just add following points in your cover letter when you reapply:

• As stated in refusal letter that I have got sufficient ties in UK as my husband lives there so; I won’t leave UK at the end of the period of the visit. I do agree that I have got sufficient ties to the UK but I am currently studying in Pakistan (mention the degree) and my course will be completed by 2017. I do not want to jeopardise my education career by not returning to the Pakistan after short summer visit. Education is the most important thing in my life and please see enclosed copies of certificates which highlighted my outstanding grades and achievements in entire education career.

• I have not applied for UK spouse visa of a settled person due to the fact that I am currently studying and living in Pakistan to complete my study. I won’t risk my future UK spouse visa application where I can enjoy more rights than being illegally present in UK on expired visit visa. So for that obvious reason I will be returning to Pakistan to complete my study and not to risk any future UK visa application.

• Therefore I would like you to consider above points in deciding my UK visit visa application.

Thanks
US
Thanks US

We did not get any right of appeal and therefore will mention the above in our cover letter re-apply again.

Is there any way to prove that you do not have any intention to stay in UK beyond your visa period?

What I can show as a proof that I would return? Should I risk to buy a return ticket to prove that I will return as returning to Pakistan is the only refusal reason given to us.

Azbill666

Post by Azbill666 » Wed May 20, 2015 1:16 pm

You need to show your family ties
Your and yours husband ties in Pakistan if his family is there.

mni
Newly Registered

Post by mni » Wed May 20, 2015 1:24 pm

Hi All,

Finally with the Blessing of Allah got parents visa granted.

timelines below

24/04/2015 - submitted application and paid online
28/04/2015 - parents appointment in Gerry's Islamabad (VFS Global)
03/05/2015 - email confirmation from Abu Dhabi on receiving documents
13/05/2015 - email from HO - "you application has been concluded" and subject with GWF only
20/05/2015 - received email from VFS global "document processes"
20/05/2015 - collected today and Visa is granted.

So emails with GWF only might have visa approval, you cannot assume.

All the best

Azbill666

Post by Azbill666 » Wed May 20, 2015 1:27 pm

There must be some genuine reasons and your choice that you are staying there so you need to show to explain the visa officer to convince him that u will come back due to those reasons
E.g. Like the one is your education. Hope u understand my point.

Azbill666

Post by Azbill666 » Wed May 20, 2015 1:28 pm

Congratulations mni
Great news

mali2011
Newly Registered

Post by mali2011 » Wed May 20, 2015 2:02 pm

Azbill666 wrote:There must be some genuine reasons and your choice that you are staying there so you need to show to explain the visa officer to convince him that u will come back due to those reasons
E.g. Like the one is your education. Hope u understand my point.
We did send the college documents (Result card, college reference letter and extra curricular activities certificates. What else we can send? I stay with my in laws They live here and own a house which is on husband's parents name. What other family ties can be shown? Do we need to send the property documents?

Also they have not returned my husband's documents like Original bank statements, Sponsorship declaration, His visa attested copies and tenancy agreement. Do we need to send all of these documents again as we only got copies of these for now? The UK banks do not print duplicate bank statements, therefore can we send the copies of the bank statements we have? Will they have all of these documents with them and we do not need to send them again?

Can we send the flight return ticket with our application to prove our intention to come back?

ushafiq84
Newly Registered

Post by ushafiq84 » Wed May 20, 2015 2:31 pm

@mali

I don't think so that visa return ticket would do any favour to convince the caseworker.

Also, there is no proof you can provide to convince caseworker that you will return. The only think you can do is to explain your situation and convince him. You would also find several post on this forum where visas were rejected due to same reason and later, when people re-applied, visas were issued and they all just explained relevant points.

In your case, you can explain about education. You can also explain that you don't want to risk any future uk visa application.

I have read on this forum that when you re-apply then you only provide the additional documents along with refusal letter so; you don't need to provide all the documents again.

As stated by Ablizll, you can also provide documents to provide family ties in Pakistan. However now you are married so your reason of staying in Pakistan is purely your studies so just highlight those facts which I mentioned earlier in my post.

However if you want to buy a ticket then that is up to you, It might have positive impact but definitely not negative. Although UKBA encourage not to buy tickets in advance. If I was at your place then I would reaplly with additional points and few documents like certificates/family ties in Pakistan.

I hope above helps.

Fiqh 123
Newly Registered

Post by Fiqh 123 » Wed May 20, 2015 2:46 pm

We applied for family visit visa 5 years for my father in law. 5th may docs submitted.
Then the following email was received in 17 may.

Subject: UK visa application – GWF035.....

Dear Customer,

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. THIS MAILBOX IS NOT MONITORED.

Your UK visa application is currently under consideration at the British Embassy Abu Dhabi.

We are aware that you purchased the priority service and I can confirm that your application was assessed ahead of other visa applications. Unfortunately the processing of your application has been delayed while we undertake further assessment. This means that we will be unable to make a decision within our published customer service standards.

We will notify you when your application has been concluded, and you will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your documents are ready for collection. Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre before they have contacted you.

Please avoid making travel arrangements until you have collected your passport.

We would be grateful if you could keep your correspondence to a minimum during the consideration process. If however you need to contact us or would like to track the progress of your application, you can do so via our International Enquiry Service at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Kind regards,

UK Visas and Immigration
British Embassy Abu Dhabi
www.gov.uk/ukvi

***********************************************************************************

On 18th may the following email received: (note NO ref number only GWF no):

Subject: UK visa application – GWF035......

Dear Customer,

Your UK visa application has been concluded.

You will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your passport and documents are ready for collection, or have been dispatched via courier (if you selected this optional service).

PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THE VISA APPLICATION CENTRE BEFORE THEY CONTACT YOU.

You are reminded that you should avoid making travel plans until you have collected your passport.

If you need to contact us you can do so via our International Enquiry Service at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Kind regards,

UK Visas and Immigration
British Embassy Abu Dhabi
www.gov.uk/ukvi

Then today morning (20th May) the following received:
Subject: Application Recieved from the post CRM:0001856

Dear Mxxxxxxxxxcc ,

The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF035..... was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 5/20/2015 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.

If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

----------
VFS Global: 45 Client Governments. 120 Countries of Operation. 1582 Application Centres. Over 97 million applications processed. Figures as at 31 March 2015.
----------

Picked up passport. Visa GRANTED ALHAMDULILLAH.

Hope this is useful.

mali2011
Newly Registered

Post by mali2011 » Wed May 20, 2015 3:46 pm

Azbill666 wrote:You need to show your family ties
Your and yours husband ties in Pakistan if his family is there.
How we can show these ties? Our families live in Pakistan. what evidence we need to prove it?

Thanks

Azbill666

Post by Azbill666 » Wed May 20, 2015 3:54 pm

I am not expert so plz do not just go with my advices
People show family ties like
Nadra give one form in which they mention family members, then u can give evidences of there settled life in pak, jobs or businesses.

Azbill666

Post by Azbill666 » Wed May 20, 2015 4:46 pm

@mali
With ur new application U can also attach ur any advance fee paid reciept, if u dont have then pay it for few months and attached it to show some intensions of coming back to pak.

Azbill666

Post by Azbill666 » Wed May 20, 2015 4:54 pm

Azbill666 wrote:@mali
With ur new application U can also attach ur any advance fee paid reciept, if u dont have then pay it for few months and attached it to show some intensions of coming back to pak.
Advance fee for your university course

mali2011
Newly Registered

Post by mali2011 » Wed May 20, 2015 6:17 pm

Azbill666 wrote:
Azbill666 wrote:@mali
Advance fee for your university course
Thanks. I have that and It was helpful. Anything else I can provide for?

Azbill666

Post by Azbill666 » Wed May 20, 2015 6:33 pm

Everyone circumstances are different, u need to think that what else u can provide them to convince your return back

mali2011
Newly Registered

Post by mali2011 » Wed May 20, 2015 7:05 pm

Azbill666 wrote:Everyone circumstances are different, u need to think that what else u can provide them to convince your return back

I am wondering what else it could for a student ? Apart from return ticket and annual fee paid to uni. Are these sufficient with a cover letter for explaining y to continue my professional studies ?