ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Refused due to english language requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Michael1988
Newly Registered

Visa Refused due to english language requirement

Post by Michael1988 » Thu May 21, 2015 8:21 am

Hello
My wifes Visa application met all requirements but the english requirement and therefore has been refused.

We dont know how we missed this.

We have 28days to appeal, and have booked the A1 exams and should get the results back and submit before the end of the 28days.

Do you think this will be sufficient to have the visa decision accepted?

Thank you very much

AA1
Newly Registered

Re: Visa Refused due to english language requirement

Post by AA1 » Thu May 21, 2015 2:57 pm

Hi

Since you say you forgot to do the English test, and you do one within the next 28 days it would still result in a refusal as the evidence was not there originally - it was done after the original application.

I would get the English test done and passed and then submit a new application.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu May 21, 2015 4:21 pm

AA1 wrote:Since you say you forgot to do the English test, and you do one within the next 28 days it would still result in a refusal as the evidence was not there originally - it was done after the original application.
Not necessarily. New evidence can be submitted for an appeal and there is always a chance that the decision can be overturned. Such occurrences are quite common. However, there is still the possibly that even with submitting the new A1 test, the refusal decision won't be overturned.

But for the sake of paying the new visa fee and health surcharge vs the cost of an appeal, I'd say appeal it.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Fri May 22, 2015 5:13 am

WR1 wrote:
AA1 wrote:Since you say you forgot to do the English test, and you do one within the next 28 days it would still result in a refusal as the evidence was not there originally - it was done after the original application.
Not necessarily. New evidence can be submitted for an appeal and there is always a chance that the decision can be overturned. Such occurrences are quite common. However, there is still the possibly that even with submitting the new A1 test, the refusal decision won't be overturned.

But for the sake of paying the new visa fee and health surcharge vs the cost of an appeal, I'd say appeal it.
Appeal can take a year. If u really want her to be in UK quick. than pass the english test and apply again. U never know what will be the rules in future if u want to apply again (if appeal is not in your favor).
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

AA1
Newly Registered

Post by AA1 » Fri May 22, 2015 9:45 am

Doing an appeal will take some time, with no guarantees the decision will be overturned.

if all other points have been met and just the English test, get that done and a new application.

Ultimatly its your decision, but be aware of timescales if you appeal with no guarantees.