ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registering an infant on discretion

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

faislondon
BANNED

Registering an infant on discretion

Post by faislondon » Tue May 19, 2015 3:38 pm

Dear All,

Currently I am holding ILR on Indian passport since 2013. My daughter was born in 2014. I am in process to apply for their dependent visa to join me in UK. Once my daughter is here I am planning to Register her as BC on discretion.

My wife had complications in pregnancy this is the reason I didnt bring her to UK prefered keeping her with her family. Also I have no one from my family like my mother (passed away) & my father has left us when I was 6 years. All I have is here in UK & we intend to live here permanently.

Does anyone think that case worker will consider my case? Do I need any special documents for her BC?

Thank you
Nothing is permanent whatever you have enjoy it :-)

secret.simon

Re: Registering an infant on discretion

Post by secret.simon » Tue May 19, 2015 11:03 pm

What is the status of the mother? The case for your daughter's registration would be stronger if both parents are settled.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 19, 2015 11:20 pm

secret.simon wrote:What is the status of the mother? The case for your daughter's registration would be stronger if both parents are settled.
faislondon wrote: I am in process to apply for their dependent visa to join me in UK. Once my daughter is here I am planning to Register her as BC on discretion.
@faislondon, unlikely your daughters application will be successful as neither parent is British. Daughters visa will be granted in line with her mother's visa for 33 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Wed May 20, 2015 11:02 am

Hi,

She is in India. I am planning to bring them on dependent visa & apply for registeration in London.

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Wed May 20, 2015 11:03 am

Also I will apply after I get my BC.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 20, 2015 11:46 am

Probably easier if daughter and mother are both settled too.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Thu May 21, 2015 8:59 am

Hello Vinni,

I cannot wait for them to get settled since I will have to wait for 5 years I guess? I am not sure if I am right?. Please correct me.

Dependent visa for 2.5 years + Extention for another 2.5 years=ILR for them right?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 21, 2015 9:02 am

That's correct.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Thu May 21, 2015 9:44 am

Hi Vinni,

I read on one of the websites that my wife can apply for ILR after completing 2 years on dependent visa in UK if she accomplishes residency requirements. Is this correct?

So she dosent have to wait for 5 years. I will be applying for BC in sept 2015. But I guess this is irrelevant as I already have ILR.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 21, 2015 10:01 am

That's incorrect.