ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visitor visa refused. Please help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mali2011
Newly Registered

Family visitor visa refused. Please help

Post by mali2011 » Wed May 20, 2015 9:45 am

Hi ya

I applied for family visitor visa. I am a university student here in Pakistan. I wanted to visit my husband during summer vacations for 6 weeks. We applied for visitor visa as I need to complete my degree in Pakistan for next 2 years and therefore we did not apply for Spouse Visa. My husband has indefinite leave in UK and has recently applied for British passport. H is full time employed earning around £50k a year. We could have applied for spouse visa but only that I would be only visiting for 6 weeks during this year and did not apply it. My husband was my sponsor. They have refused my visa on following reason:

I must consider your circumstances in Pakistan based on the info you provided with your application. While you have demonstrated some evidence of funds. Your personal circumstances are not clear. You have declared yourself to be unemployed, with no dependent on you, with no assets of your own. In assessing your ties to Pakistan I consider that these are therefore limited and amount to your enrolment as student only. As a consequence I do not consider that you have demonstrated with the evidence presented that you will leave UK upon completion of your visit. Your husband living in UK giving u significant ties ok the UK. I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor or that you intend to leave UK at the end of the period of the visit you have stated.

I sent my college result card for previous year and the reference letter showing my course date which will end in 2017. We got married in January this year. My husband supports me and we did send my monthly amounts sent by him that he supports me. We did not buy a ticket which could show that I will return but they have stated that we applicants should not be making any plans until visa has been granted. Could you please help me that how can I show that I will return to UK on my visit.

Any advise will be highly appreciated. I am going to apply again but we only have a month as my summer holidays will start at the end of June.

Thank you

jimmywaley2k
Newly Registered

Re: Family visitor visa refused. Please help

Post by jimmywaley2k » Thu May 21, 2015 12:20 pm

Hi
I will suggest you go apply for spouse visa then they can't refuse you. My wife was refused twice even though I have ILR and I wasn't the sponsor her employer is sending her to UK for a management training all expenses paid by the head office in Netherlands yet they refused her on ground that she won't return to Nigeria.
They knew there are chances you decide to stay back and push application from UK even though it won't be a merit application they will be forced to issue you residence permit either via appeal or otherwise so they are trying to avoid all these trouble by refusing your applications that if you really wish to come to UK since your husband is settled in UK they expect you to apply for spouse visa. Irrespective of you claiming being a student in your country they British believe a family must stay together.
Again sister you can continue your education in UK it seems your husband can pay for it.
A word is enough.