ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two jobs to make the threshold, but then changed.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iamsuperbritish
United Kingdom

Two jobs to make the threshold, but then changed.

Post by iamsuperbritish » Tue May 19, 2015 7:19 pm

Hello,

The scenario is a person works two jobs to make the £18,600 threshold (£9,300/6 months). Now after two month they quit one job, but pick up the full time contract on the second job (still keeping on the £9,300 total for 6 months.

Could the two month payslips from the first job still count towards the total or will it become invalid?

Thanks

Rayking

Re: Two jobs to make the threshold, but then changed.

Post by Rayking » Wed May 20, 2015 9:09 am

iamsuperbritish wrote:Hello,

The scenario is a person works two jobs to make the £18,600 threshold (£9,300/6 months). Now after two month they quit one job, but pick up the full time contract on the second job (still keeping on the £9,300 total for 6 months.

Could the two month payslips from the first job still count towards the total or will it become invalid?

Thanks
My personal opinion is that, it can't be used, the rule says you must have been in employment for at least 6 months under cat B,and that should be for each job, using the two months will obviously show you're no longer in the employment and that can be...............
However, this can be used under Cat B of financial requirement, since it's your income in the last 12 months that will be considered.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed May 20, 2015 4:44 pm

You would need to wait until you have worked full time in the remaining job for 6 months.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Thu May 21, 2015 1:43 pm

Rayking wrote:

Thanks
My personal opinion is that, it can't be used, the rule says you must have been in employment for at least 6 months under cat B,and that should be for each job, using the two months will obviously show you're no longer in the employment and that can be...............
However, this can be used under Cat B of financial requirement, since it's your income in the last 12 months that will be considered.
Correction to the first line of my statement,
"My personal opinion is that, it can't be used, the rule says you must have been in employment for at least 6 months under cat A" I do apologise for the error.

iamsuperbritish
United Kingdom

Post by iamsuperbritish » Fri May 22, 2015 12:50 pm

Rayking wrote:

Thanks
Hello, thanks for your reply.

I understand I can't apply under cat A unless I have co plete six moths from each jobs.

Could you please explain Category B to me? I thibk I understand it but just want to double check.

Thanks.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Fri May 22, 2015 2:04 pm

Simply add all your income you've been paid In the last 12 months, which should be equal or more than 18600 or depending on how many dependant.
Secondly, make sure your present annual income is equal or greater than 18600 or the amount you need base on numbers of dependant.