ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick Question FLR(IED)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

drewchad

Quick Question FLR(IED)

Post by drewchad » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:43 pm

Do you need to send all 18 pages of this application?? Most of it seem sto be guidance notes.

Thanks...

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:40 pm

I excluded the general guidelines pages and the payment guidelines pages when I submitted the application.

drewchad

Post by drewchad » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:51 pm

Hi Mwazir, did you send your approval letter, or do you need to send an approval letter?

I am applying because my Working Holiday visa is expiring this week but I don't have approval yet. My HSMP application is in the fast-track queue as I sent in a job offer on Friday.

As no one seemed to have a definitive answer (Both at the Home office & in this forum) on whether this was possible or the correct procedure, I guess I am going to be the guinea pig for this forum.

In any case, with a 3 month wait for FLR, I assume my HSMP case will be resolved by the time the FLR comes up for processing.

apa
Newly Registered

FLR IED application

Post by apa » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:55 pm

without approval letter FLR(IED) form is not processed.

drewchad

Post by drewchad » Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:42 pm

Like I said, no one could give me a definitive answer on this board whether this was possible.

So I have gone with the advice I received from the Home Office that I should send my passport in before my current visa expired.

I will let everyone know what happens...

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:53 pm

drewchad wrote:Like I said, no one could give me a definitive answer on this board whether this was possible.

So I have gone with the advice I received from the Home Office that I should send my passport in before my current visa expired.

I will let everyone know what happens...

You have already been answered ....

...to qualify for FLR (IED) you must have an Imigration Employment Document.....You will lose your £121 and the ppt will be retiurned :roll:
Where there is a will there is a way.

drewchad

Post by drewchad » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:16 pm

Checkmate, with all respect why are you so certain.

Read through this thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... sc&start=0

I was advised by the Home Office to do this, I have a name & contact number of the person who advised me so hopefully I will have some recourse if it is the incorrect procedure. Although the money isn't as big an issue as being able to stay and work in the UK. Also, this is inline with the advice mjwall received from IND.

I think what happens is the HSMP FLR applications are treated differently to the WP etc...

If you are certain I will have the application rejected where can I get entry clearance to come back to the UK once (or if) HSMP is granted? Can I go to say Ireland (somewhere close)? or do I need to return to NZ?

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:35 pm

Checkmate, with all respect why are you so certain.
drewchad,

I will not question the veracity of the advice you recieved from someone at the HO, but this is what the FLR(IED) says. Please refer to Page 14 of 18 of the FLR(IED). (Empahsis on the HSMP line is my doing). If the advise is inaccurate than I dont think you will be able to use that as a line of defence.

2. When should I apply?

For SAWS, SBS, TWES and WP applicants, your employer should have informed you have been granted approval for an IED, so that you can now apply for further leave to remain. HSMP applicants should have received an approval letter from the HSMP Team, Home Office. SAWS applicants should have received a work card from their SAWS operator.

If you have not received approval for an IED, your application for further leave to remain in the UK will be refused.

drewchad

Post by drewchad » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:13 pm

I'm not really trying to be argumentative, and I would agree that reading through the guidance an IED letter is required.

But why would the HSMP department at the HO & IND both advise this is possible?

Next question, as the FLR is a 2 part form do they firstly take payment regardless, then post off to another department for processing. If so, this would mean there is a 3 month delay between receipt & processing?

If so, I think I should be OK because by the time my FLR is processed I shold have the results of my HSMP application.

What do you think?

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:52 pm

I'm not really trying to be argumentative,
No body is suggesting that. I fully understand your predicament and empathise with you.
Next question, as the FLR is a 2 part form do they firstly take payment regardless, then post off to another department for processing. If so, this would mean there is a 3 month delay between receipt & processing?
Your application will not be sent for processing without payment being deducted. Thats the first step and only after approval of the payment, will it be placed on the processing queue. I remember reading somewhere that the payment process is handled by an independent government approved company. I dont recall the link though.

drewchad

Post by drewchad » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:31 pm

Mwazir,
I hope you are correct, in that it is a two part process.