ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent: Pls HELP on Spouse Settlement Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Raju1

Urgent: Pls HELP on Spouse Settlement Questions

Post by Raju1 » Thu May 21, 2015 2:58 pm

Hi there,

I will be re-applying for spouse settlement visa next week as it's refused first time on the grounds that missing evidences (bank statements, vat returns, payslips etc) for the submitted last available CT600 document.

Can anyone please answer below questions:

1. Accomodation Requirement: I have taken new 1 BHK property on my name and my movein date is on 25th of this month. To qualified as sponsor, as per the requirements i should submit council tax or utility bills which i do not have on this address. Can i submit the screenshots of online council registration for this new property and along with tenancy agreement n letter from agency confirming my tenancy & bank statement showing the paid rent? Also to prove previous address can I submit paper based mobile bills along with all bank statements?

2. Call records: I got married on 21st of February 2015 which is just 3 months ago and can i submit the online screenshots of call records and mails to prove the subsisting marriage? I have ordered libera call records throuh post but the turnaround time is too much 40 days to get me paper based call records.

3. VFS location: We are native of place close to Hyderabad VFS, can we allowed to submit the application at Mumbai VFS considering Mumbai BHC lower application processing times? Has anyone done this before?

Please let me know if my understanding is wrong in any of the above points.

ManyThanks!!

-Raj

AA1
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent: Pls HELP on Spouse Settlement Questions

Post by AA1 » Thu May 21, 2015 3:07 pm

You run the risk of a refusal, your application will look unprofessional and rushed. Also screenshots opens up the risk of them in the eyes of the ECO being fraudulent. It would be best to get all the proper documents in order and submit official documents.

Yes it may cause some delay, but you may get more delay if you get a refusal and waste the application fee.

Good luck

PariJ
United Kingdom

Post by PariJ » Thu May 21, 2015 3:47 pm

For 2) I submitted the following

1.    Marriage
Item Document
1 Marriage Certificate
2 Wedding Cards
3 Photographs
4 Screenshots from Facebook page

2.    Subsisting Relationship*
Item Document
4 Facebook Messenger
5 What’s app Chat
6 Skype Chat
7 Bank Statements (Joint account)
8 Phone Call History
9 Email Conversations
10 Gift Receipts
11 Travel Tickets
12 Photographs of First Meet
13 Post Marriage Photographs

3) I have submitted from Mumbai while im resident of Chennai.

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Thu May 21, 2015 11:27 pm

Thanks AA1 & PariJ for your valuable inputs.

I understand that we need to submit original copy of council letter or utility bills to prove as sponsor. In my case, i have taken new property, can i submit the council registration letter which i will get it from council?

When it comes to call records, is it allowed to submit online call summary listing called numbers, duration, date but the only issue that doesn;t contain my name or address just like paper based mobile bills.

AA1
Newly Registered

Post by AA1 » Fri May 22, 2015 9:52 am

Screenshots and records of the correspondence by social media will be ok. However do you have other official documents such as telephone bill /mobile bill showing the calls to your spouse. This will back up the screenshot contact evidence.

As for your council registration document, you need to clarify what this is, is this a council bill?

What are the original documents you are submitting?

A principle point is for you to satisfy the ECO with sufficient and appropriate evidence and not them to do the leg work. Usually the latter results in a refusal. (basis of if applicant cannot be bothered, we can't be bothered either) sounds harsh but its a fact.

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Tue May 26, 2015 1:52 pm

Thanks AA1 for the reply.

I understand the reality of your reply and submitting correct evidences to satisfy ECO.

I have ordered Libera calling history records and i am waiting for them to come through. And, also as it's new property i am waiting for council bill to receive.

Given below are the documents submitting for accomodation:

- Rental agreement from Agency
- Letter from Rental agency
- Council tax first bill
- Virgin broadband first bill

-Raj

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Tue May 26, 2015 2:00 pm

@PariJ,

Hope you are well. I am also planning to submit my family settlement visa in Mumbai, VFS though i am resident of Hyderabad

Could you please publish the timelines of your submission so that its easy for me to track. And, also please let me know in which VFS you submitted (Mumbai South or North) and post your experience like whether is there any interview for the applicant and how easy to deal with Mumbai VFS staff etc?

Regards,
Raj

PariJ
United Kingdom

Post by PariJ » Tue May 26, 2015 3:08 pm

Hi Raju,

I have logged my timelines here

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 0-140.html

I have applied from Mumbai South-Nariman Point(landmark is express tower),it is roughly 1 hr drive from domestic airport.The buidling has restricted access and they will let you in only 15 mins prior to the appointment.There is a starbucks near by where you can kill time just in case if you are early.Because of the security constraints they let only the applicant inside the office and they will ask you/sponsor to wait outside the building,so make sure you run through the document list with your spouse.
My spouse did not have any interview and she mentioned the ppl in there are okay.

Cheers

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Tue May 26, 2015 4:12 pm

Thanks PariJ for the quick reply.

As i can see Mumbai BHC with quick processing times, i am sure you must hear good news this week or next week. Please do update your status as and when you hear from them.

Cheers,
Raju