ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unmarried partners

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zebra3

Unmarried partners

Post by zebra3 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:38 pm

Hello, am new to this board, I thought I will ask a question on here

I have been in the UK just over 10 year and 2 months. since august 1997 years, without a visa, and I have been with my british partner for 8, we have been living together nearly 2 years and we planing to do so and we never claimed a penny as I have always had my partners support, she owns her house and she works full time.
I also have two brothers, one with a british Citizenship and the second one with ILR and they both support me too.

is there a possibility that I can apply to the home office for a settlment under unmarried partners application form or any other way to sort my situation.
or will I have to wait till I have 14 years an dapply under the 14 year rule?

I am from Algeria

Many Thanks
AM

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:52 pm

It will be impossible to regularise your stay from the UK, your best nay only bet is to return home and apply for UPV within the rules as normal.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Wanderer wrote:It will be impossible to regularise your stay from the UK, your best nay only bet is to return home and apply for UPV within the rules as normal.
Impossible? Hmm! So long as the OP can prove that he/she has been here for 14 years (all illegal) of course and no removal notices have been issued against him, it is POSSIBLE.
:lol: :lol:
Praise The Lord!!!!

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:59 pm

Just a pointer - the 14 year applications are goping the way of the 10 year applications. Cases which would have been approved a year ago are now being refused, and the Home Office are scrutinising documents VERY closely.

Keeping your head down for four years is, in my opinion, not the best option.

Vicky
Going..going...gone!

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:05 pm

VictoriaS wrote:Just a pointer - the 14 year applications are goping the way of the 10 year applications. Cases which would have been approved a year ago are now being refused, and the Home Office are scrutinising documents VERY closely.

Vicky
Just a pointer - the 14 year applications are goping the way of the 10 year applications
Can you explain or be more specific please! Do you mean the 10 year applications are becoming difficult or taking priority over the 14 year applications?

Thanks
Praise The Lord!!!!

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:10 pm

jes2jes wrote:
VictoriaS wrote:Just a pointer - the 14 year applications are goping the way of the 10 year applications. Cases which would have been approved a year ago are now being refused, and the Home Office are scrutinising documents VERY closely.

Vicky
Just a pointer - the 14 year applications are goping the way of the 10 year applications
Can you explain or be more specific please! Do you mean the 10 year applications are becoming difficult or taking priority over the 14 year applications?

Thanks
I think she means that the BIA people are looking very VERY closely at these types of applications. Probably because more people are applying under these rules than in the past, they are making sure EVERY piece of documentation is real, valid, etc. I think Victoria also mentioned in another post (or was it Amanda?) that they are even asking for P60s and payslips and other things, to check that such students didn't work over the 20 hour limit...any reason to refuse!

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:32 pm

That is it exactly. A client came to see me yesterday because he had had his 14 year application refused. Because of a spelling error on his payslips, the refused to accept them as evidence of his residency.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:09 am

My experience matches Victoria's - they are checking very thoroughly.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.