ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling with COA while waiting for Residence card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dsmanny
Newly Registered

Travelling with COA while waiting for Residence card

Post by dsmanny » Fri May 22, 2015 9:52 am

Hi guys,

So my wife and I are going to Bulgaria for our wedding celebration. There are guests invited so we definitely need to travel. I was hoping we will receive the RC by now but the Home Office have not lived up to my expectations. She is Peruvian national and we obtained visa from the Bulgarian embassy for the trip. I know she won't have troubles getting into the UK as she is travelling with me and I will bring CoA, marriage certificate and letter from employer. However, from what I have read is that she might have troubles with the airline letting her board the plane as her Family permit has expired and she requires visa to enter the UK.

So my question is what is the best way to guarantee that the airline (Bulgaria Air) will let her on the plane. Should I print out the European law regarding entry of family members of EEA nationals? I have read somewhere else that I can call Heathrow's immigration office and they can put a note in her record or confirm with the airline. Do you have experience from your travels that you are willing to share? Thanks in advance.

martiner99
Newly Registered

Re: Travelling with COA while waiting for Residence card

Post by martiner99 » Fri May 22, 2015 3:11 pm

Hello there,

I have had the same issue last month. I was told everywhere that we shouldn't fly back to UK as airlines won't allow us to board. It seems like this is correct, the only one who could confirm it for you would be the airline anyway. Try to contact them and see. I think it will be difficult, though you never know.

I have called UK Immigration at Heathrow a few times last month, each day - different officer - different answer :D I was asking them same thing, but I doubt they would put something on her record and they will definitely not confirm it with airline.

In the end we took a flight from Budapest to Brussels and jumped on a bus to London there. Crossing the border at Eurotunnel was not a problem (I had exactly the same documents with me as you mentioned). And a good few more, so I looked very convincing hah.

mmalinconia

Post by mmalinconia » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:54 am

could you share any experiences of boarding planes with COA and expired FP?

aylintum
Newly Registered

Post by aylintum » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:53 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm Turkish and settled in UK. with EEA1 femily permit visa last january,now my visa will be expired in July
l going to apply to EEA2 residence card next month in April, but problem is l need to go to Spain (my husband country) for our wedding celebration in September, and return to the UK. with my husband, but l know that its complicated to travel without visa and not enouhg just COA, but some of forums says it's possible. l'm completely confuse, could you give me any advise please?