ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

resident document i got my passport woth 5 year visa

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samsungblack
Newly Registered

resident document i got my passport woth 5 year visa

Post by samsungblack » Sun May 10, 2015 8:47 pm

I am on 5 year permit. My wife and 6 month daughter french citizen. .. my wife working part..

Is she entitle to apply any brnefits.. and how it will affect me het husband when i apply for permant card 2020..

Plz advise..

Am i entitled to any benefits??? How it affect me in 2020

Plz advise.

Plz..

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: resident document i got my passport woth 5 year visa

Post by Amber » Mon May 11, 2015 6:33 am

Child Benefit in her name, tax credits in joint names, possibly housing benefit/JSA depending on income. Remember not to be an unreasonable burden on the state.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

samsungblack
Newly Registered

wife will take time off..

Post by samsungblack » Tue May 12, 2015 7:23 am

From work wife will be off.. she has worked from april 2012 to 2013 june.. full time.. paid required tax. From 2013 to until may she worked part time. No tax.. becsuse tge hours were less

i am working but cash in hand.. no tax..

Will the chance of getting more benefits increase now my wife not working.. and my job is not in system. Cash in hand.

Plz advise.

I dont want bebefits now.. if ukba make big issue when i apply for permant residence.

Plz advise

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue May 12, 2015 10:42 am

If you are working 'cash in hand' then you are working illegally. This will not only affect your PR application, but you also face prosecution. Even more so if you claim benefits without declaring your 'black economy' earnings
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

samsungblack
Newly Registered

thank you

Post by samsungblack » Tue May 12, 2015 8:27 pm

thank u..

Can ukba ask me if i am working on natipnal insirane number

If they raid my work place

I thought ukba conceen is only individial visa.

Plz clarify this..

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue May 12, 2015 8:40 pm

Forget about UKBA for the moment. If anyone is working without declaring the income for tax (whether they have an NI number or not) they risk prosecution. If you are not paying tax and hiding your earnings when claiming benefits, you risk a considerable fine or even a prison sentence as under UK law this is considered a criminal offence. Your wife also faces the same if she knowingly claims benefits without disclosing your untaxed income.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

samsungblack
Newly Registered

thank you..

Post by samsungblack » Tue May 12, 2015 8:51 pm

Thank you.

All clear./understood.

samsungblack
Newly Registered

going for child benefit

Post by samsungblack » Thu May 14, 2015 4:46 pm

I just dont want any refusual when i apply for permant resdency in 2020.. ukba already made me crazy.. they make human life hell.. trust me. My opinion.

Housing benefit i am still thinking.

Wife unemployed from may 13. 2015.
She will start work again in may 2018.. because baby is 6 6 month now.

Just need asdistance if ukba refuse application Permant card.. because of benefits..

Plz do advise me..

Love u all.

Thank uu..

samsungblack
Newly Registered

plz advise

Post by samsungblack » Mon May 18, 2015 9:20 am

Plz advise me

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon May 18, 2015 9:56 am

Your wife can't claim Housing Benefit if you aren't declaring your earnings. This is benefit fraud.
(Casa, not CR001)

Petaltop

Re: wife will take time off..

Post by Petaltop » Fri May 22, 2015 10:42 am

samsungblack wrote:From work wife will be off.. she has worked from april 2012 to 2013 june.. full time.. paid required tax. From 2013 to until may she worked part time. No tax.. becsuse tge hours were less
Did she pay NICs? UK requires EU worker to earn enough each week to pay NICs to be a worker qualified person and therefore continue to have a right to reside. No right to reside means no benefits from the UK. HMRC have started sending out letters telling EUs they don't have a right to reside.

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Fri May 22, 2015 10:54 am

Casa wrote:Your wife can't claim Housing Benefit if you aren't declaring your earnings. This is benefit fraud.
Britain may deport and ban EU benefit cheats. An article from last year but highly likely to happen under this government.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... heats.html

Plus:-

The OP is already commiting a crime by not declaring his wages to HMRC. A crime that can lead to a prison sentence.

The OP may not have a right to reside if his EU national has stopped being a qualified person, meaning no right to live in the UK, no UK benefits and no free NHS. The UK is going to remove EUs and their family members if they don't have a right to reside and that will continue to happen under this government.

samsungblack
Newly Registered

she paid taxes

Post by samsungblack » Sat May 23, 2015 7:46 am

She has paid required taxes.

She will start her job again in december 2015..

Am i safe before then? I mean have 5 year permit valid until 2020..

I mean. I dont want any benefit: which myself and my eu patner not allowed..

We so far made child benefit application.. we are just waiting for response..

Plz advise..

Also.. can i travel to france: or do i need schingean visa.

Plz advise..

Thank you..

We dont want any benefit cheat

samsungblack
Newly Registered

people plz advise

Post by samsungblack » Mon May 25, 2015 11:03 pm

Plz advise me.

Thanks