ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC without Health insurance evidence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Iira

BC without Health insurance evidence

Post by Iira » Fri May 22, 2015 2:13 pm

Hi,
I am in the process of applying for BC and after reading a few posts, I realised that the lack of Health insurance evidence could be a problem. Does anybody have any advice on how to sort it out?

-I am European was granted PR in 2010 (I have been in UK since 2004).
-My husband is not European.
-2 children born in 2005 and 2008 so I need to apply also for them as they won't automatically receive BC.
-"self-sufficient" as it was mainly my husband working during this period of time while I was looking after the children.

My questions are:
-would the lack of health insurance also affect my children's applications? (if I decide to apply only for them)
-is there any rule that would allow me to apply to BC without health insurance?
-or is my only solution to get health insurance and wait for another 5 years? As I read that the 5 years previous to the application are the ones that count...

Thank you so much for your help.

Best regards,
Iira

vinny

Re: BC without Health insurance evidence

Post by vinny » Fri May 22, 2015 2:18 pm

If you have the PR card (confirmation of PR) in 2010, then the health insurance shouldn't be an issue.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Iira

Post by Iira » Fri May 22, 2015 2:30 pm

vinny wrote:If you have the PR card (confirmation of PR) in 2010, then the health insurance shouldn't be an issue.
Thank you Vinny for your message.
My concern is that in (2010) when I got PR, my husband got his Spouse visa and it was a requirement to have health insurance. I think it was just when they started to ask for it. We had it for a while but not for long. I am concern I could be asked for evidence for the last 5 years and I definitely don't have that.

Is there any rule saying since when it is a requirement or anything I could use if my application gets rejected? I'm just worried about losing my money in the process...

Thanks!
Iira

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Fri May 22, 2015 3:55 pm

would the lack of health insurance also affect my children's applications? (if I decide to apply only for them)
If children were born in UK and now you have PR then you can simply apply through MN1. I'd simply book NCS and apply.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

blooms

Post by blooms » Fri May 22, 2015 4:07 pm

Iira wrote:
vinny wrote:If you have the PR card (confirmation of PR) in 2010, then the health insurance shouldn't be an issue.
Thank you Vinny for your message.
My concern is that in (2010) when I got PR, my husband got his Spouse visa and it was a requirement to have health insurance. I think it was just when they started to ask for it. We had it for a while but not for long. I am concern I could be asked for evidence for the last 5 years and I definitely don't have that.

Is there any rule saying since when it is a requirement or anything I could use if my application gets rejected? I'm just worried about losing my money in the process...

Thanks!
Iira
Yes, if you apply for PR as "Self-Sufficient" you need Health Insurance.
But, to apply for naturalisation you only need to show you have PR. If you have a PR sticker, then you are fine.

Iira

Post by Iira » Fri May 22, 2015 6:51 pm

But, to apply for naturalisation you only need to show you have PR. If you have a PR sticker, then you are fine.
Thanks, that makes sense now. Does it also mean that I won't need to provide documents to confirm that I'm self-sufficient? Although I have my husband's payslips and bank statements, I'm worried they'll require something more complicated...

Thanks!
Iira

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Fri May 29, 2015 1:29 pm

Iira wrote:

Thanks, that makes sense now. Does it also mean that I won't need to provide documents to confirm that I'm self-sufficient? Although I have my husband's payslips and bank statements, I'm worried they'll require something more complicated...

Thanks!
Iira
Click please.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

badratio

Post by badratio » Fri May 29, 2015 6:55 pm

Once you get PR you're not required to exercise the Treaty rights. Hence, you'll only need to prove you've been living in the country for the last 5 years and that's it.( bills, payslips and etc)
Naturalisation timeline: EEU PR
Application date: 17-03-2015
Fee deducted : 24-03-2015
Acknowledgment email : 25-03-2015
Approval date : 02-04-2015
Ceremony: 28-04-2015

Iira

Post by Iira » Fri May 29, 2015 7:00 pm

badratio wrote:Once you get PR you're not required to exercise the Treaty rights. Hence, you'll only need to prove you've been living in the country for the last 5 years and that's it.( bills, payslips and etc)
Thank you badratio for your help. That's good then as I have everything and haven't been out of the country more than a couple of weeks each year.

Iira