ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PAST EARNINGS HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mmogbolu
Newly Registered

PAST EARNINGS HSMP

Post by mmogbolu » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:04 pm

hI Guys

Just joined this forum and would gladly require advise on my HSMP application.I just got refusal for my application.reason given by caseworker that i did not produce my wage slips.Unfortunitely my employer does not and has never issued its employees wage slips.
I provided other documents for consideration including my Tax returns,letter from employer stating my salary as claimedand my 12 moths statement of account.

What document can i produce for reason of not produsing my wage slips.

Thanx i hope to get a favourable reply to assist me.

martin

gmhsmp

Post by gmhsmp » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:46 am

Hi ..

Take a letter from your employer stating that they are not providing pay slips for employees and explain this issue in cover letter.

And also submit Bank statements as exceptional evidence.

GOODLUCK

mmogbolu
Newly Registered

past earnings

Post by mmogbolu » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:31 pm

Thanx a lot for the quick response.I will do just that.

I have another enquiry.Please the tax year in Nigeria starts in January and ends in December.I have tax returns covering only Jan 2006-Dec 2006.Would this be accepted? as i would not get a new one until after december 2007.

Expecting a reply soon.

Thanx

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:43 pm

This is a good point. You shall try this way, I believe they will understand if it is the company policy not to issue pay slip.

I belive if you case is strong (all other evidence collaborating each other) they will understand about this.

gmhsmp wrote:Hi ..

Take a letter from your employer stating that they are not providing pay slips for employees and explain this issue in cover letter.

And also submit Bank statements as exceptional evidence.

GOODLUCK
Pantaiema

mmogbolu
Newly Registered

exceptional consideration for income tax returns/payslips

Post by mmogbolu » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:08 pm

Thanks a lot guys for the advice.But my enquiry about the following has not been cleared.Kindly assist.

The tax year in Nigeria ends in dec.My tax returns cover fro Jan 2006 to Dec 2006 which is not sufficient to cover claim period Oct 06--Sept 07.do i submit like that and do i need to state this in the exceptional consideration box.(What eveidence can i provide to explain this) or do i just state it in my covering letter.

expecting a reply soon to enable me apply

regards

mmogbolu
Newly Registered

income tax returns

Post by mmogbolu » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:31 pm

please in addition as my tax returns does not cover the full period claimed do i need to tick Q33(Income tax return covering period claimed for). and also what evidence can one provide for not providing for full period in the exceptional consideration box.

Thanx

gmhsmp

Post by gmhsmp » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:25 am

@mmogbolu ..

You can do two things.

1) Wait until December , take new Tax returns and apply(if u r not in hurry)
(OR)

1) Submit payslips for Oct 06--Sept 07 (with stamp&sign)
2) Submit bank statements for Oct 06--Sept 07(with stamp&sign from issueing authority)
3) Submit a letter from employer stating the gross salary claimed in the period Oct 06 - Sep 07.

And remember you have to satisfy caseworker why you are not providing tax returns.

REGARDS,

GMR

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: past earnings

Post by pantaiema » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:32 pm

It shall be accepted. This problem does not happen only to you but most of the people appying for HSMP. But remember you still need to submit your tax document from Jan - Dec 2006 it does not matter if it does not cover the whole period. If you do not submit they will assume U deliberately avoid this piece of evidence.

What U need to do.
- Tick exceptional circumstances. Put in the box that you could not privide ITR for 2007 becuase the tax year have not finished yet. In your cover letter explain when the tax year start and when it wil end each year. Your case will be stronger if you provide levedence such as link to the government offcial website explaining about the tax year in Nigeria.
- Provide Other evidence e.g. Bank statements and lettter from employers.

Good luck with your application.
mmogbolu wrote:Thanx a lot for the quick response.I will do just that.

I have another enquiry.Please the tax year in Nigeria starts in January and ends in December.I have tax returns covering only Jan 2006-Dec 2006.Would this be accepted? as i would not get a new one until after december 2007.

Expecting a reply soon.

Thanx
Pantaiema

mkal08
Newly Registered

Post by mkal08 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:30 pm

Hi Guys

As stated in the HSMP guidance updated in 2007:

[b]"Wage slips[/b]
When wage slips are used as evidence the applicant should have supplied wage slips to cover the period they have claimed for.
Wage slips should either be formal pay slips or on company letter headed paper. If they are on plain A4 paper then they should be clearly stamped and signed by the employer. Any wage slips on plain paper, which have not been endorsed and stamped by the employer, should not be accepted.
Applicants who can only provide on-line payslips will be required to obtain their employers’ signature and stamp on a printout to authenticate the evidence.
If any of these details are not contained in the wageslips then the evidence should not be accepted in support of points claimed.
Caseworkers should check that:
• the wage slips relate to the applicant;
• they cover the correct period; and,
• they are in an acceptable format (ie are they on formal wage slips/been endorsed by the employer).
The caseworker should either, add up the gross earnings from each payslip to establish the total income, or use the ‘Gross earnings to date’ figure. The caseworker
should use that which is most accurate for the individual case. For instance, if the ‘Year to date’ figure is on the first wage slip of the period it is not relevant to the period in question.

In order to demonstrate the total annual salary before tax the applicant should provide both:
• their income tax return. If the tax year does not cover the full period claimed other corroborating evidence is required for the period(s) not covered. Self-assessment tax documents are not accepted, as they are not independent; AND,
• wage slips covering the entire period claimed. Caseworkers should discard any allowances paid that are not declared in a pay slip.