ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ALL OCTOBER APPLICANTS: POST HERE

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

andy2007

Post by andy2007 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:55 am

Hi All,
I have applied for HSMP in oct. I have a question regarding Previous earnings.
I come under salaried employees category.

My claim period is Sep '06 to Aug '07. I submitted foll docs:
-ITR1 which in India is for period Apr06 to Mar 06.
-copy of latest Form 16 .
-12 Attested payslips for full claim period
-ITR1 does not cover my claim period hence I claimed Exceptional Consideration.
I submitted Bank Statements for full claimed period.

The ITR form only covers 7 months of my claim period i.e. Sep06 to Mar07. It does not cover last 5 months. Also for each month of claim period the net salary amount on payslip matches with bank statement for each month. Hence Net salary is corroborating.

Now to corroborate Gross salary I took total of gross salary from payslip of each month of claim period. So the question is, does this figure (i.e. addition of monthly gross amount from all 12 payslips) have to match with Gross Salary figure on ITR1 from? In my case it does not. I thought it was OK considering that this is not the ITR1 form for my claimed period ,and is for financial year period, so it will never match. But now this question is worrying me.Others please let me know how you handled this in your application.

Another thing is, in my case salary for each month varies due to a performace linked incentive during each month. This incentive amount is clearly mentioned on salary slip. So matching annual gross salary for current year and previous year will never give same figure.
Hence even if they compare gross salary on form16(of previous year) that I submitted with gross salary total from payslips for the claimed period, these two figures are not same due to above reason(i.e. variable component in salary stack). Will this cause problem in my case? i.e. Caseworker trying to tally total of gross sal from payslip with gross sal figure on form16?

Please let me know how you handled this?

purplepple

Post by purplepple » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:05 am

Don't be afraid Vidya. It could be good news. :)

Asim, good for you, they emailed you to advise that your documents are ready for pick-up. I think mine will reach me after a month! Will I still be able to file for a review if I get them that late? We are only allowed to file within 28 days, right?

asim_khan

Post by asim_khan » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:08 am

Dear All and purplepple
Yes the review can only be filed within 28 days.
I am hoping to get my documents in 3-4 days time and will share the details.
One more advice for all..whether you have mentioned in your covering letter regarding pick up of your documents through courier or not. YOU MUST FAX the home office as soon as you get your reference number as HO ppl they give more imp to fax what i have seen. I mentinoed in my covering letter this + i faxed the HO with my reference number that i shall be collecting my docs through courier. I think purplepple hasnt faxed them that's y they ignored his/her covering letter.

Love to All,
Asim

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:49 am

My application is pretty straight forward.

Qualification: MBA Degree from Indian Inst....35 pts

Earning: ITR + Sal Slip + Bank Stmt + form 16...25 pts

I got a mail from HO saying that Caseworker has requested for a verification in my case. I am not sure how would they go about verifying my documents. There isn't any contact number with my documents.

Looks like am application is screwed :(

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:11 am

you sent the same evidences that you sent last time for which they had already awarded you 80 points last time , and they still have gone for a verification this time ..... :?

The only new thing in your second appln was the IELTS report instead of the TOEFL one , right ? why the need for verification ? looks like they are stricter with us second time applicants

barely any good news from any of the oct applicants yet.

:(

fortresskay
Newly Registered

Post by fortresskay » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:13 am

home office said they have posted through recorded delivery and i still dont have it. the royal mail strike has been over since yesterday. anybody received anything from home office this week?

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:51 am

cdraina , just read your post again ....

Try sending them the contact numbers through fax for them to verify the previous earning information if they want to

andy2007

Post by andy2007 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:51 am

Hi CD,

This may not necessarily be a reason to worry. The fact that CW has asked for verification means everything seems fine. One verification would grant the approval. It may as well be positive for you.

So don't lose hope :)

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:24 pm

I am sending them an email to find out the status of my application

this is still the valid id to email to , right ? -

HSMP.Workpermits@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

briboy15
Newly Registered

Post by briboy15 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:56 pm

Just called 5 minutes ago and they said a decision was made yesterday and sent out via mail. They wouldn't tell me the decision!! Going to call back later today and hope to pry it out of them!! :) Soooo nerve racking!!!
briboy15 wrote:I am an American citizen applying for the HSMP. I submitted an Urgent Request form as I have a firm job offer from a company in London.

I am claiming 75 points exactly:

Degree: Bachelors. 30 points
Income: $51,777 salary + $5,200 independent contractor. 25 points

Sent: 9/28/07
Received: 10/1/07
DD: 10/2/07
Ref. # E-mail: 10/3/07
Urgent Treatment Form Received (via e-mail. their fax SUCKS): 10/10/07
E-mail stating application is under consideration: 10/10/07

I MUST get the HSMP or I'm royally screwed!!!!

Best of luck everyone. Cheerio.

ukjobaspirer

Post by ukjobaspirer » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:42 pm

Hi Guys,

Application Sent from India through DHL: 6th October 2007
Application Received in HO: 9th October 2007
Fee debited in Credit Card : 9th October 2007
Reference Number received in e-mail : 10th October 2007
Approval informed when contacted HO through phone : 11th October 2007

Documents sent back to India through AirMail.

Thanks a lot for all the people who have contributed to this forum.
Last edited by ukjobaspirer on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:22 pm

Just realised that when i applied in April , i mentioned in the application that the tax return wasnt yet due for filing until July and that form 16 hadnt been issued by employer yet.

Now when i applied last week , i mentioned that tax return does not cover the period claimed for income pts ( Sept 06-Aug 07) , and i attached the tax return ( self assessed tax return with the IT department seal) but i just now realised i should have attached form 16 as well :cry: :cry: , shouldnt I ?

I claimed exceptional circumstance ( ie tax return not covering the full period) and then sent along bank statements and employer letter, i have also sent contact details of my employer ( VP - HR) if they want to verify

:?: :?: :?: :?: ...this is my second appln , i dont think we can afford to reapply again.

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:20 pm

i got a reply to email requesting for the reference number , the reply was

Dear Sir ( !!!),

Will this be your second application

regards
HSMP team

The reply clearly shows that the HSMP team hasnt even received my application yet , 2 others in this group who sent after me have got the result . Wondering if something went wrong with payment processing

i sent a demand draft but i think i ticked postal order instead of cheque , would they stop from processing the draft if we had ticked the wrong box ??
clearly driving myself crazy here .....

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:25 pm

UKjobaspirer , congrats !

Can you tell us more details about your application , it has got approved within a day , your application was recived by them just 2 days back,

i sent mine last friday , no idea where my file is right now.

ukjobaspirer

Post by ukjobaspirer » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:23 pm

I would say it might be due to a bit of luck. I myself was surprised to see it processed so soon.

Other than this, I put in quite some hardwork to make sure that the form is filled properly and all the proofs are proper.

I provided a Main covering letter listing the documents kept and then in each section, provided a seperate covering letter indicating the documents in that section with extra details.

1. I paid by ICICI bank Credit Card.
I was tracking the courier in the DHL website. I got an SMS saying 31K+ is debited from my card even before the DHL tracker is updated with the delivery information.

2. Educational Quals:
I hold a Masters degree. I submitted the M.Tech & BE degree certificates alone. I dint provide the Consolidated Marksheets.

3. Prev Earnings:
Gave the following:
* 12 months payslips attested from the same HR. The HR signed in it and his name seal was not there. He sealed with a "Authorised Signatory". But I did provide his name in the cover letter. But I DID NOT GIVE ANY CONTACT DETAILS OF THE HR OR ANYBODY IN THE COMPANY.
* 12 months Bank statements signed from the BANK representative. - Oct 2006 - Sep2007
* IT Acknowledgement for Apr 2006 - Mar 2007
* Form ITR1
* Serivce Certificate in the company letterhead saying that I'm employed in my company from -- to ...
* Ticked the exceptional consideration as Bank statements in the form and mentioned that Tax return does not cover full period and so providing bank statements.
* In the covering letter, provided a tabular column with the following column - Month, Total Earnings, Total Deductions, Net Pay, Date in which Net pay is credited in the Bank Statement, PAge Number in the bank statement where the Net Pay entry is present.
* I highlighted the Salary credit in the bank statement with a small highlighter post-it . I also mentioned in the covering letter that I have done this in the stmt for easy identification.
* Total Earnings(Gross) for the above period is Indian Rupees xxxxx. Using the exchange rate obtained from http://www.xe.com/ict/ on September xx, 2007(the date of my last pay), 1 GBP = xxxx INR. My Gross Earnings in British pounds is xxxx. - Mentioned like this in covering letter.

4. Age Assessment :
I do not have a birth certificate with me. So I sent my original driving license.
Apart from this, I also sent them a notarised copy of my passport. I ticked the appropriate column in the form and also ticked the Exceptional Consideration check box and gave the reason that this is just an additional evidence apart from License.

5. Eng Lang Requirement:
1. Letter issued by my BE college & University.
2. Letter issued by IIT Madras for my MTech.
* Mentioned in covering letter that Original Degree cert were attached as part of Edu Qual. section.

6. My company name got changed sometime back. So, provided a separate covering letter explaining about that briefly and attaching the letter I got indicating the name transfer of the company.

I approached my company HR only for two things :
1. Salary attestation
2. Service Certificate.

Other than this no letter indicating Gross salary,etc.. from HR. I feel Salary slips & Bank statements & IT returns are sufficient.

Bought a separate file which contains many sections and then kept a tag in each section. Put each set of files in separate folders and then kept in the file. But, I dunno whether I'll get them back. As long as I get my degree certificates, license & approval letter, I';; be happy..

All the best for all of you who are waiting and who are planning to apply in the near future.

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:55 am

Got a reply email today from HSMP team that they havent received my application yet.

Does it take this long for a DD payment to clear, worried .

Andy , any update on yours ?

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:10 am

@vidya,

DD payment clearence takes minimum 7 working days, it cleared in 12 days for me.. So don panic. All the best

Cheers
ikon

andy2007

Post by andy2007 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:47 am

Hi Vidya,

I have't contacted the HO till now as 5 days are not yet over since my application was dropped off at BIA on 8oct. I plan to contact them on Monday or Tuesday.
I will keep you updated once I get my reference number.

btw, I ticked on cheque option.There are places where we have to enter
Account no, Sort code and Cheque no. All these numbers were written on the DD which I simply copied on to the form. Did you also do the same?.

Also I have account with ICICI bank. But when I asked of an international DD payable in UK , they gave me a DD of 400 pounds of HSBC saying that they have a tieup with HSBC. I went with that option because, HSBC is a UK based bank and would be recognized in England without any problems.

In your case did the HDFC people give you a DD of HDFC or some UK local bank? Would this be caussing the delay? I wonder.

asim_khan

Post by asim_khan » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:02 am

Dear ukjobaspirer
you r really lucky to pass through this as i have given the same documents as yours but didnt get pass through..anyways..congrates and gud luk with EC...
Asim

darren_hayess
Newly Registered

Patience :-)

Post by darren_hayess » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:16 am

I think you need to exercise a little more patience - probably stop worrying so much and driving your hubby nuts :roll: - about whether it has reached or otherwise.
vidya wrote:Got a reply email today from HSMP team that they havent received my application yet.

Does it take this long for a DD payment to clear, worried .

Andy , any update on yours ?

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:16 am

Andy , i did copy the DD number onto the payment slip where it asked for cheque number

but i think i left account number and sort code blank :-(

This is my second application , and my DD got processed correctly the first time , but i dont remember if i filled the payment slip differently last time

Nothing to do but pray real hard right now

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:54 am

Thanks for the kind advice , Darren ... :)

shooter008
Newly Registered

Post by shooter008 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:12 am

My application did get rejected today, may be b'cos of the same reason(providing sal slips on 2 pages), still to receive papers.

I submitted following documents

1. tax return - ITR2
2. Bank statements (Net salary) for all 12 months
3. Salary slips for all 12 months (consolidated on 2 pages).
4. Letter from bank stating that salary deposited is from xxx company
5. form 16

along with that I submitted cover letters for each sections

Only problem I see is gross amount mentioned in ITR does not match to the gross amount shown in salary slips, and do not have any other income other than salary, there is minor difference of Rs. 900

also I provide bank statements as exceptional evidence

I was claiming for the period from july 2006 to jun 2007.

shooter008
Newly Registered

Post by shooter008 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:18 am

Forgot to mentioned

I submitted my original B.E certificate,and letter from University stating that my course was taught in english.

vidya

Post by vidya » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:19 am

which are the other sections in which you had claimed points , shooter and what evidences had u sent for those.