ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can returning Brit-kids access NHS?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

WooHoo

Can returning Brit-kids access NHS?

Post by WooHoo » Sun May 24, 2015 10:13 am

Hi!

My two children and I are British. I understand that as a Briton who has lived overseas for some years I cannot get full access to the NHS for 3 months after I arrive back in the UK. My question is, can my children get full access to the NHS as soon as they arrive in the UK? (I'm hoping that because they're children, there might be some compassionate policies regarding them and the NHS)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can returning Brit-kids access NHS?

Post by CR001 » Sun May 24, 2015 10:30 am

I cannot get full access to the NHS for 3 months
Where does it say this?

You might be confusing the 3 months issue which is related to benefits (housing benefit, jobseeker allowance, etc).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TheMouseReturns

Post by TheMouseReturns » Tue May 26, 2015 3:53 pm

This link to the NHS website might be helpful - Am I entitled to NHS treatment when I move to England? I'm guessing eligibility in Wales & Scotland would be much the same.

Be aware that although you may be entitled to NHS access at UK-residence rates, you may be asked to prove your entitlement by the relevant NHS trust.

WooHoo

Post by WooHoo » Wed May 27, 2015 1:24 am

yeah i might have confused the 3 month rule with the benefits etc. I read this though:

http://www.covermagazine.co.uk/cover/ne ... ning-to-uk

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:13 pm

i think you can access the NHS immediately if you manifest intention of moving permanently back to britain. eg if you arrived back to live here, not just came for a holidays
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**