ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help on Spouse Visa **BRP information**

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sk1984

Urgent Help on Spouse Visa **BRP information**

Post by sk1984 » Sun May 24, 2015 10:24 am

All,

My Wife had applied for Spouse Visa (Settlement) in India after 15th April 2015. She was granted Visa on 19th May 2015.
When I read the new notification on VFS Website it says all application after 15th April 2015 will receive a letter containing information on BRP collection. I am surprised to see there is no such letter given to us and instead we have a vignette with expiry date as 19/02/2018 (Full term of Visa). Is this something to worry about. How to identify if a vignette is a 30 day or permanent one...Is it based on Expiry date. I have booked a ticked with BA and a full refund is allowed till 4 BST Today (24 Hours) so would appreciate a prompt response.

Regards
SK

humbleguy
Mood:
Afghanistan

Re: Urgent Help on Spouse Visa **BRP information**

Post by humbleguy » Sun May 24, 2015 12:34 pm

sk1984 wrote:All,

My Wife had applied for Spouse Visa (Settlement) in India after 15th April 2015. She was granted Visa on 19th May 2015.
When I read the new notification on VFS Website it says all application after 15th April 2015 will receive a letter containing information on BRP collection. I am surprised to see there is no such letter given to us and instead we have a vignette with expiry date as 19/02/2018 (Full term of Visa). Is this something to worry about. How to identify if a vignette is a 30 day or permanent one...Is it based on Expiry date. I have booked a ticked with BA and a full refund is allowed till 4 BST Today (24 Hours) so would appreciate a prompt response.

Regards
SK
As my solicitor explained to me,during submission, you are asked the address details, and on that basis you will be given an address of a local post office where you have to go to collect your card. I am not sure what letter they are refering to, but if you have read through your appoinment letter in full, it may have the details you are looking for.

Good luck

sk1984

Post by sk1984 » Sun May 24, 2015 1:10 pm

Thanks. I am referring to Decision Letter. We have not received Decision letter but Visa is stamped for full stay.May be decision letter is missing. As i understand along with Decision letter,Biometric collection information is given. I am now really confused if this is 30 Day vignette or Full stay vignette.

Regards
SK

humbleguy
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by humbleguy » Sun May 24, 2015 4:21 pm

if I was in your position, i would pack my bags and leave for UK before the 30 days and at the border, ask for next steps. you have a visa that is the main thing. :mrgreen:

sk1984

Post by sk1984 » Tue May 26, 2015 8:05 am

All,

I am again victim of error on UKVI side. They have asked us to re-submit passport for Travel vignette as visa vignette was issued in error.

Regards
SK.