ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Naturalisation for wife and baby

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lmkanuri
Newly Registered

British Naturalisation for wife and baby

Post by lmkanuri » Mon May 04, 2015 3:15 pm

Hi

Myself and my first baby are holding British passport.

My wife is on ILR since March 2013. We did not apply for naturalisation last year as my wife was in india from November 2013 to September 2014 (more than 180 days) for my second baby delivery.My second baby is now on ILE visa.

I am planning to apply naturalisation for my wife and second baby in October 2015.My questions are as follows :

1) Can i apply naturalisation for both of them together ?

2) Is 180 days absence applicable for minor child ? My second baby came to UK in September 2014. She is in india now with grand parents since April 2015. We are planning to bring her in September 2015.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: British Naturalisation for wife and baby

Post by fwd079 » Tue May 05, 2015 8:58 am

1. Yes.
2. No. Click here please.

Just a question, if your baby was born after you got British Citizenship, then you don't have to apply MN1 for your child, s/he is already British and you can apply for Passport straight away.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

lmkanuri
Newly Registered

Re: British Naturalisation for wife and baby

Post by lmkanuri » Mon May 25, 2015 3:08 pm

Thank You.

1) Do i need to apply naturalization for my wife and second baby (born outside UK) at the same time.

2) Can the application be made 90 days in advance (My wife is on ILR since March 2013 but has been away for 180 days last year)