ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help-ILR cohabitation documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jalil

Please help-ILR cohabitation documents

Post by jalil » Sun May 24, 2015 10:05 pm

Hi,

I have a PEO appointment in few days time and I am really concerned if our cohabitation documents are enough.
Here are document I have:

1.Council Tax Demand Notice 2012/2013, 2013/2014,2014/2015,2015/2016 joint names.
2. Water bill (1 statement yearly, not metered supply) covering up to 4 years, my wife's name on it.
3. Gas bill (quarterly bills, downloaded from on-line account) covering up to 4 years, my name on it.
4.Electricity bill(quarterly bills, downloaded from online account) covering up to 4 years, my name on it.
5.Joint bank statements covering 2 years from two different banks
6.ISA statement covering 2 years for my wife
7.ISA statement covering 2 years for myself
8.Marriage certificate with translation
9.Birth Certificate for child born in UK with both our name on it.

Are these documents enough or do I need to provide further documents

Please advise as I am short of time and have to provide additional documents if needed.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Please help-ILR cohabitation documents

Post by TODMATT » Mon May 25, 2015 5:51 am

In my own opinion, you should be fine but if you think your documents are not update, Add your pictures of your and your wife to show your relationship is still subsisting because that's all they are interested in to be honest. I have seen friends who provide not much of documentation and still manage to get their ILR. If your wife is British then ask her to write a letter to support the application and also find a member of the family maybe your in-law to write a letter supporting this application.

You will be fine.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Mon May 25, 2015 9:18 am

TODMATT wrote:Add your pictures of your and your wife to show your relationship is still subsisting because that's all they are interested in to be honest.
This is an application for Indefinite Leave to Remain, not VAF4A (spouse visa). There is no requirement to include pictures.

To the OP, the cohabitation documents looks fine. You only need six in total in joint names (or one in each name) from 3 different sources covering the last two years. You have more than adequate.

In fact, I would advise to cut down the number of documents as you won't want to submit too many, remember keep the file as simple as possible. One document (in joint names or one in each name) for every 3-4 months is generally sufficient.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

jalil

Post by jalil » Mon May 25, 2015 10:07 am

WR1 wrote:
TODMATT wrote:Add your pictures of your and your wife to show your relationship is still subsisting because that's all they are interested in to be honest.
This is an application for Indefinite Leave to Remain, not VAF4A (spouse visa). There is no requirement to include pictures.

To the OP, the cohabitation documents looks fine. You only need six in total in joint names (or one in each name) from 3 different sources covering the last two years. You have more than adequate.

In fact, I would advise to cut down the number of documents as you won't want to submit too many, remember keep the file as simple as possible. One document (in joint names or one in each name) for every 3-4 months is generally sufficient.

Many thanks WR1,

1.Can I use bank statements printed and stamped in branch in joint names for two years as one source of documents for both of us?

2.Does printouts of bills from online utility accounts acceptable?

Really appreciate your valuable input on these

Jalili

thebaisify28
Newly Registered

Post by thebaisify28 » Mon May 25, 2015 10:22 am

I'd agree with WR1 on this- you don't need to submit too many docs.

Your cohab docs covering say each quarter(or every 4 months) over the last two years should be sufficient. This can be a mixture of sources like CTax, Electoral polling card, Utility bills, HMRC letter, Counterpart of drivers Licence, Rental agreement (if within 2 years), Bank & credit card statements.
Bank statement print outs stamped & signed by branch is fine so long as it bears name, address of account holder(s)& is dated.

Pictures , marriage certificates don't meet the 'co-hab' requirements.

thebaisify28
Newly Registered

Post by thebaisify28 » Mon May 25, 2015 10:41 am

In addition, printed copies of online utility statements meet the criteria so long as it is dated and has account holder name, address & utility account number.

jalil

Post by jalil » Mon May 25, 2015 3:10 pm

Many thanks guys,
You all were very helpful.

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Mon May 25, 2015 4:36 pm

Hello mate,

If you are apply via SET (O) you do not need to worry about cohob documents because I went on PEO on 21st May at Croydon I also gave nearly 40 documents for me and my wife, but case worker even did not open the folder of cohob documents the reason I am telling because I put sticky notes on every required documents folder e.g earnings documents English language and LIUK etc. So on those documents sticky notes were removed but on cohob document it was as I have them. Yes there requirement but not like SET (M) So do not worry go ahead.

Thanks
Kashif

jalil

Post by jalil » Mon May 25, 2015 5:55 pm

Thanks Kashif,

Yes I am applying using SET(O). Thanks for support.
Just trying to make sure I have everything I needed for the appointment.

Many thanks again.