ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test - registration

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

federyko1979
Newly Registered

Life in the UK test - registration

Post by federyko1979 » Tue May 26, 2015 6:06 am

I want to register to take the test but unfortunately my home town has foreign letter in it which does not exists in English alphabet. If I put the foreign letter it says that there is invalid letter and I can't finish the registration process without changing it to English letter. On the website they say that everything has to be as it is when they check the details before taking the exam. So what am I suppose to do? Explain it to them or call their call center?

federyko1979
Newly Registered

Re: Life in the UK test - registration

Post by federyko1979 » Tue May 26, 2015 8:25 am

I called the call centre and they said that instead the foreign letter I should put in "space".
So instead of WROCłAW i need to put WROC AW. Will that be enough - I don't know.

federyko1979
Newly Registered

Post by federyko1979 » Tue May 26, 2015 8:57 am

On the other hand it doesn't make sense what the guy from call centre suggested - If was born in China , and my birth town would consist only out of chinese symbols then would I have to leave the whole field blank?
I will try to put it as WROCLAW instead of WROCŁAW

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:05 am

I have just done a web search on the official name with the funny character. As an alternative, it is listing the town as WROCLAW as the symbol seems to closely resemble an L.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

federyko1979
Newly Registered

Post by federyko1979 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:11 am

CR001 wrote:I have just done a web search on the official name with the funny character. As an alternative, it is listing the town as WROCLAW as the symbol seems to closely resemble an L.
I know that this is the official name. The thing is that they check your passport with what they have in their system. In my passport it states WROCŁAW, in their system it is WROCLAW. And then there is someone who checks it and says that it doesn't match :). What do you do?

The problem is that the life in the uk registration form is.... up. IT IS FOR FOREIGN PEOPLE BORN IN FOREIGN PLACES SO WHY IN GOD'S NAME CAN'T YOU PUT FOREIGN LETTERS IN IT?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:14 am

in their system it is WROCLAW
Should be fine with this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

federyko1979
Newly Registered

Post by federyko1979 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:16 am

CR001 wrote:
Will let you know after 8th june - that's my test date

federyko1979
Newly Registered

Post by federyko1979 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:49 pm

federyko1979 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Will let you know after 8th june - that's my test date

It was ok - it didn't matter for the people from learning center. Will see if for home office it won't matter as well