ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent for british passport holder

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ramu1682
Newly Registered

Dependent for british passport holder

Post by ramu1682 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:17 pm

Hi,

I got my UK citizenship last year and got married this year. I was citizen of India till last year. Got married recently last month. Can you please advise what kind of Visa do I need. Some people advised Settlement Visa for Wife from India and some one telling Dependent wife visa application for Tier 1( which is my Visa before Citizenship).
can you please advise what kind of Visa do I need to apply for my wife from India and do I need to pay for NHS fees. What kind of support documents do I need. Can I show 12 months earnings in any last consecutive 15 months.

Please advise.

Many Thanks

Ram

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent for british passport holder

Post by CR001 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:47 pm

If your spouse has not been in the UK before as your Dependent, Tier 1 dep is not applicable.

You need to apply for a spouse/settlement visa on form VAF4A and meet the financial requirement fo £18,600 per annum. Your spouse needs to meet the English A1 test requirement.

Your spouse will need to pay the NHS surcharge of £600 (£200 per year)for the initial 33 month visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.