ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Employment to less Salary

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hemsisgood
Newly Registered

Change of Employment to less Salary

Post by hemsisgood » Wed May 27, 2015 1:38 pm

Hi All

I am on tier 2 General and I got an offer from a well known company and they are ready to sponsor under Tier 2 General, but the salary is slightly less than previous Job (£500 less ) with better benefits and holidays, the new salary also meets SOC April 2015 salary requirements for experienced.

now I am confused if there is any requirement related to salary while making change of employment application under tier 2 General with my case, where the salary is slightly less than previous job?

really appreciate any advice on this :)

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Change of Employment to less Salary

Post by hassanh » Wed May 27, 2015 2:15 pm

It should be fine as long as it at or above appropriate rate for the SOC code they choose for you and above the minimum required for Tier 2 visa (whichever is higher). Experienced rate will apply on you.

Thanks,
Hassan

hemsisgood
Newly Registered

Post by hemsisgood » Wed May 27, 2015 4:19 pm

hassanh wrote:It should be fine as long as it at or above appropriate rate for the SOC code they choose for you and above the minimum required for Tier 2 visa (whichever is higher). Experienced rate will apply on you.

Thanks,
Hassan
Thank You Hassan

what is 'above the minimum required for Tier 2 visa (whichever is higher)' is this some different requirement for tier 2.

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Wed May 27, 2015 4:39 pm

It is £20,800 which is the minimum amount required to secure points for salary but if the appropriate salary for respective SOC code is higher than £20,800 then that salary would apply.

Thanks,
Hassan