ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ERROR in Life in the UK Test certificate? HELP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

siddharth.ravindran
Newly Registered

ERROR in Life in the UK Test certificate? HELP

Post by siddharth.ravindran » Tue May 26, 2015 6:34 pm

Hi

I am applying for British citizenship for myself and my mum and dad and I noticed that my mum and dad's The Life in the UK certificate has an error.
The error is that their (aka Town of Birth) PLACE OF BIRTH: in the LIUK certificate is different to the one they have in their passports. I was wondering whether this would be a problem when they apply for British citizenship?
Also would this be such a big problem that they would need to retake the tests? Any help is welcome.

Thank you

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: ERROR in Life in the UK Test certificate? HELP

Post by fwd079 » Wed May 27, 2015 12:30 pm

siddharth.ravindran wrote:Hi

I am applying for British citizenship for myself and my mum and dad and I noticed that my mum and dad's The Life in the UK certificate has an error.
The error is that their (aka Town of Birth) PLACE OF BIRTH: in the LIUK certificate is different to the one they have in their passports. I was wondering whether this would be a problem when they apply for British citizenship?
Also would this be such a big problem that they would need to retake the tests? Any help is welcome.

Thank you
Have it corrected first please.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 27, 2015 12:39 pm

I don't think you can have a LIUK certificate corrected. They might need to redo the test.

How old are your parents?

How big is the difference (just spelling or completely different town)?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Wed May 27, 2015 12:50 pm

CR001 wrote:I don't think you can have a LIUK certificate corrected. They might need to redo the test. How old are your parents? How big is the difference (just spelling or completely different town)?
Sadly your are correct according their terms and conditions in Q4 in this link

siddharth.ravindran:
Did you enter it correctly during registration and is it just a printing error? If yes then you can call here and ask how big is the problem:
By telephone on 0800 015 4245, Mon - Fri between 8:00am and 4:00pm
By post at: learndirect e-Assessment, PO BOX 10358, Leicester, LE1 8EL
If not then CR001 is correct and they need to retake the test.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

siddharth.ravindran
Newly Registered

Post by siddharth.ravindran » Wed May 27, 2015 2:51 pm

fwd079 wrote:
siddharth.ravindran wrote:Hi

Thank you
Have it corrected first please.
Hi. Thanks for the reply.

I called the LIUK test center and they said that I cannot get it corrected. Apparently LIUK is a one time thing so since they already did theirs and had the certificate they cannot get this corrected. I am not sure what to do.

siddharth.ravindran
Newly Registered

Post by siddharth.ravindran » Wed May 27, 2015 2:59 pm

CR001 wrote:I don't think you can have a LIUK certificate corrected. They might need to redo the test.

How old are your parents?

How big is the difference (just spelling or completely different town)?
Hi. Thanks for the reply.

My dad is 51 yrs old and my mum is 37 yrs old.

The difference is big. Both of them were born in different villages but in the test certificate it mentions the state in which these villages are. So technically it is correct but the LIUK cert mentions the state they were born in and the passport mention the villages they were born in

siddharth.ravindran
Newly Registered

Post by siddharth.ravindran » Wed May 27, 2015 3:08 pm

Hi. Thx for all the replies.

I called the Home Office and they said that it depends on whether the case worker would want to take it up as an issue or not. If they did then they would want them to amend the application but my parents would not need to redo the test or get their application refused. He also said that a cover letter would work in most cases but it all depends on the case worker.

Then I called the LIUK test center where the cert was issued and they say it is not possible to amend the certificate so they were not sure why the Home Office would say that. They also say that this is not my fault but it is the test center's fault. Customer service said "They should have not let my parents write the test if the given details were wrong but they did let them write the test so it is the center's fault". They also said that a cover letter should be fine and this is not a huge problem.

I also call NCS and they say it should not be a problem but writing a cover letter should be help. I have booked an appointment with them and all 3 of our application will be sent through the NCS so any problems should be spotted by them before even applying.

Please tell me what you guys think of this and help me any way you can. Thank you for all the replies.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 27, 2015 3:09 pm

Did they use the same test certificate for ILR (assuming they are not EU citizens)?

Do their passports list the region or province?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

siddharth.ravindran
Newly Registered

Post by siddharth.ravindran » Wed May 27, 2015 4:27 pm

CR001 wrote:Did they use the same test certificate for ILR (assuming they are not EU citizens)?

Do their passports list the region or province?
Hi. thx for reply

They used the same LUIK certificate for the ILR.

Their passports just says Place of birth : xxxxxx. And their LUIK cert says PLACE OF BIRTH:xxxxxx. But they are different names as I said above but both are correct. LIUK cert mentions the state and Passport mentions the village in that state.

Thx for the quick replies

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 27, 2015 4:37 pm

If it was used for ILR, it should be ok otherwise the issue would probably have been raised at ILR stage. You can write a covering letter and use NCS, should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

siddharth.ravindran
Newly Registered

Post by siddharth.ravindran » Wed May 27, 2015 4:43 pm

CR001 wrote:If it was used for ILR, it should be ok otherwise the issue would probably have been raised at ILR stage. You can write a covering letter and use NCS, should be fine.
Hi CR001

Thanks for the quick reply.

I really hope you are correct. I will see how it goes and keep posting up my progress.

Thank you for the encouraging words.