ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) renewal: director of a limited company/no accountant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amyvanderbelt
Newly Registered

FLR(M) renewal: director of a limited company/no accountant

Post by amyvanderbelt » Wed May 06, 2015 7:21 pm

Hi there, I'm new here, and I'm hoping someone here can help me...

My husband is a software developer who started working as a contractor last year. He incorporated as a limited company, of which he is the director and sole shareholder. HMRC does not require him to employ an accountant so he doesn't; he submitted his corporate tax and VAT returns so he'd have all the paperwork done in advance of the appointment to renew my FLR(M) visa.

What we didn't realize is that the Border Agency has more stringent guidelines for his financials than HMRC, and according to the guidance, his corporate tax return and his VAT return have to be signed off by an accountant...which is impossible because they've already been submitted to and accepted by HMRC. He spoke to an accountant today who said point blank that they won't sign off on year-end accounts they haven't prepared.

So...what am I going to do? His financials are what we have to rely on, as I don't make over the £18,600 minimum. This is a renewal, but he was in standard employment the last time I applied, so we are in unfamiliar territory.

Any advice is gratefully received as I'm feeling rather panicky: my PEO appointment is 29 May and my current leave expires on 24 June.

Thank you!

Lead123

Re: FLR(M) renewal: director of a limited company/no account

Post by Lead123 » Thu May 28, 2015 12:12 pm

Hi amyvanderbelt
I just found your msg, how ever you need to submit a letter from accountant about your spouse's financial status(year ending a/c's). This below link may help you to apply for visa.
I know that you have a appointment tomorrow but I hope it could help you in last minute.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 59150.html

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: FLR(M) renewal: director of a limited company/no account

Post by Wanderer » Thu May 28, 2015 1:18 pm

CT isn't due until nine months after the Ltd's year end so it's unlikely any is due yet.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....